Active Recap: XXXIII

by - Monday, April 06, 2020


33.


Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S









DAY A



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Sqc90rUY4

Starting slow and chill to open. I'm really enjoying low impact workouts for Day A because sometimes, I'm just not physically ready to go all high impact first thing in the morning, you know? I quite enjoyed this routine because most are low impact exercises mixed with stretches, making it a perfect warm up routine as well. There's only 1 plyo move in this routine but it can easily be modified. I did the exercises twice through, saving the last part (the stretch section) for my cool down.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ernfs2-HV0

Glute day, band day! I know this is only a 20 minute routine but lemme tell you, it's a great ender for today's exercise. My glutes were legit burning by the end, not to mention, my heart rate's just up like no one's business, thanks to that last set of exercises. The first two circuits are 2 exercises done for 3 rounds in each leg and the last circuit is 2 cardio exercises done for 4 rounds. The first two circuits were great glute burners and toners, while the cardio rounds were tiring but so freaking exciting. I know, I know, who knew I'd enjoy jumping?? Honestly, this was such a good full workout.


Workout duration: around 58 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down in Circuit 1.




DAY B



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIprpJIME-s

The first Yoga Shred workout I did (back in Quad 30) was quite challenging and cardio-heavy so I already kinda knew what to expect here. Well, good news- this one isn't as cardio-heavy as the first one. Sure, there are still some jumping and stuff but this one isn't too much of a HIIT and in a way, more chill than the other routine. This one's a bit longer too but for some reason, this felt quicker and includes more yoga stretches. This was a good routine to do to get your cardio in without feeling too tired afterwards.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anFVLMbs-EU&t=35s

Booty pilates time! Seriously, I'm loving pilates for the glutes because it just gets in all the right muscles, big and small. This routine isn't different- it burned my glutes AND legs. Each exercise is done for 10 counts per side and without breaks in between so you really get to maintain tension in both sides of the glutes, the working side and the standing side. I liked the cues given by the trainer because it helped me know where to feel it and how to correct and maintain my posture for each move. This is a short routine so I did it twice through.



Workout duration: around 50 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY C



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVDTISBdHKg

If you're ready for a challenge, this one's for you. This is a legit weighted HIIT routine and a damn heart rate sky-rocketer at that. There are 6 exercises here, done in 3 rounds of decreasing time. Round 1 is 45 seconds on 20 secs off; round 2 is 30 seconds on 15 secs off; and round three is 20 seconds on 10 secs off but done twice through. It's simple but it's freaking tiring, with weights adding challenge to the whole routine! I modified 1 exercise (I did regular weighted lunges instead of jumping lunges) but maintained all the other exercises, burpees and all. Don't judge, but is it weird that I really enjoyed the burpees here? HAHA! I enjoyed this routine because not only is it a good cardio routine, it's also a weighted routine. And oh that last cardio burnout round? WIN.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVKW91HeTJo

I know the first circuit is already tiring but we gotta do what we gotta do: arm burnout! Look at this as a supplement arm work for the first circuit. No cardio, just toning. This routine's a good one because it really targets the biceps and triceps, plus you can always up your weights to really burnout your arms. There are no repeats in this one so if you still have it in you after everything, go do it for another round. I'm perfectly fine with just one haha!


Workout duration: around 55 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY D



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJKPh47zKTk&t=641s

Ok, no cardio just arm toning, yes? Don't worry, this routine's easier but still a burner. I was actually surprised with this one because at first I thought it wouldn't burn but holy moly, it did! There are two groups of standing exercises, three exercises each and then combine them for dynamic exercise for the last round. The mat round only has two exercises but you still combine them for a dynamic final exercise. Oh boy, I underestimated the exercises so I'm very grateful for the breaks in between sets. It's a pretty quick one so I did the weighted exercises twice through because why not?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5fri7PlUfg

I thought of skipping this routine because my arms were burning at this point but I figured I might as well do it because hello: yoga. I'm so glad I did this because it was the perfect ender for arm day. This routine wasn't as intense as I thought and if you love arm balances, you'd love this. It was a perfect blend of work and flow and I absolutely love using my yoga blocks in this routine! There are pretty advanced poses here so I pretty much just modified and practiced doing the crow pose on those poses I can't do. Really enjoyed this one!


Workout duration: around 71 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




MY TOP WORKOUT/S IN THIS QUAD:




You May Also Like

0 comments