Active Recap: Quad XXXII

by - Monday, March 30, 2020


32.


Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S









DAY A



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deVqyt0ktfw

I hope you're on your A game to start this quad off because boy are you in for a beating! This 50 minute workout is not for the fainthearted, but it is for someone who's up for a HIIT + glute burner + weighted workouts. This workout is NOT messing around. Thing is, the exercises here aren't complicated at all. In fact, they're exercises I always see in other workouts. But grouping them in a circuits and doing them three times- well, let's just say you'll be a sweating, panting mess after. I personally LOVED this routine because it was a nice blend of LI weighted routines with plyo exercises sprinkled throughout and that for me is a well-balanced routine. I like that this routine gives you the option to do some exercises without weights and some with even heavier weights. Maaaan, this was the bomb!!

PS. The glute and thigh soreness I got from this routine was a mad, MAD one. I swear, it carried on until day C!




DAY B



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ALw8ksF39U

If you're like me who did this routine a day after the 50 minute routine from Day A: I'm so sorry, sweetie, but you're in it for more leg burn! Honestly, it's a miracle I was able to get through this routine considering my muscle soreness was peaking the day I did this. Eeek! But anyway, if you are doing this and are experiencing muscle soreness, remember this: take it slow and modify if you need to. This routine is a legit leg burner (I mean, duh, I should know) and it will set your legs on fire (again) so if you feel uncomfortable, please rest for at least a day.

This routine has a lot of plie squats and personally, I find plie squats quite hard but they're really good for the legs. But I think that the best part of this routine was the ab/plank sections. They were really challenging!! It will really test your core, your shoulders and arms, and pretty much your will to finish this routine haha! But trust me, you'll feel very accomplished when you're done! PS. Please do a full body warm up beforehand.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uAkShLkgBc

For today's burner, we have a something for the inner thighs! I thought a good mat routine was a good way to end leg day. This quick 15 minute routine was quite good as the exercises really target the inner thighs, as well as the core, glutes,  and outer thighs. It goes for 2 rounds which makes this perfect as a burnout routine. Plus, we get to use mini bands! Yay!



Workout duration: around 45 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down not included.




DAY C



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zejHjXjhdiY

Ok, so sorry again, but we have to do another HIIT-ish routine. I know, I know, but trust me, this is a good one, not to mention a little bit easier (again, -ish). I've featured a similar routine in a past quad with the same instructor and channel with the same format but the exercises were a bit different. In this routine, we have lower body circuits followed by a minute long core active recovery exercise. The lower body exercises are doable and not as brutal as other circuits and the active recovery exercises were great at targeting the core. After the rounds lower body circuits, there's a burnout-ish round for the upper body, plus a grand finale of.......burpees! This was fun, quick, and totally got my heart rate skyrocketing.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p433HzhvB44&t=912s

Come on, guys, let's say this together: WE DESERVE THIS. Time to catch a break and stretch everything out! I know I should've placed a core burnout routine here but let's be honest, I'm still too sore for that. Putting this routine after was such a good move because even though it's mostly a relaxing stretch/flow, it had a few core moves that got it working albeit not too intensely. Goodness, I legit needed this! It was such a good routine after all the exhausting ones for sure.



Workout duration: around 52 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down stretch included.




DAY D



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA6onhouva8

Let's go, weighted routine! I decided to do this one because it's a dynamic routine that targets the core and chest. I quite liked the format in this routine because the counting has tempo to it, making the routine fun and interesting. I like that the exercises here were easy to do but still challenges your core, arms, and chest. The routine goes by quickly, I swear, and the core burn I got was so good. I did the weighted routine twice through (starting from the chest flys to the 12 second straight leg hold). Trust me, it's that good.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4dFAF6HWa0&t=1183s

Come on now, this quad's almost done! I know planks aren't everyone's cup of tea but this one's quite fun and not as daunting. First off, it's fun because you get to do varieties of planks, not just the boring ones. Two, there are no holding of planks here- every move in this routine will get you moving. Three, but was such a good burnout for the core, arms, shoulders, and legs. It went by so fast too! Great burnout for this whole quad!


Workout duration: around 64 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down stretch included.




MY TOP WORKOUT/S IN THIS QUAD:






You May Also Like

0 comments