Nail TLC: OMG Mani-Pedi Care Kit

by - Thursday, August 23, 2018


Nail care comes in threes.

 Nowadays, I find myself gravitating towards the activewear section of any mall I go to but during one quick wander around the beauty aisle, I found some bits I thought were interesting. Guess I'm still a beauty geek inside, yeah? One product made it home with me, hence this review. This also made me realized that I haven't reviewed any nail stuff for so long! So here it is, my recent polish discovery.


 The OMG Mani-Pedi Care Kit (₱110) got me all interested because I've never seen a nail care kit before- locally, at least. Last time I saw a nail care kit was from OPI (review herehere, and here) and that only has 1 polish in it; this OMG care kit has 3. 

So what's in it?


The three polishes are: Anti Yellowing Base Coat;  Nail Hardener Quick Dry Top Coat, and BB (Blended Base) Coat Off Color Fashion Base Coat. The selling point to me were definitely the base coats. I don't know why I couldn't get enough of them (I mean, I use two separate base coats for my fingers and toes, ffs. :P) and I just thought getting two base coats (that work differently) in a kit were a steal. I also wanted to try out the top coat since it doubles as a nail hardener which my nails badly need right now.


The first product I used was the BB Base Coat that's to be used on off-color days. I used it when I was letting my nails grow longer, for about 5-7 days. What I like about it is that it's easy to apply. It goes on smoothly and thinly and I didn't experience any pooling around the cuticles. The red tint is a nice touch; it still looks natural on the nails but with a little added oomph. It dried off pretty quickly and chipped after about 3 days. It wan't noticeable, though.

Next, I tested the Anti Yellowing Base Coat. It has a milky, sort of translucent white tint. It apparently protects the nails from UV Rays and also doubles as a polish enhancer. Of all three polishes, this was the one I really wanted to work because my nails really gets yellowish after I put on polish. I wore it for about 6 days to really test it out. And lo and behold, my nails weren't yellow. They look like my nails before I put on polish! I was really impressed because with my other base coats, the yellow tint is hard to miss; with this, there's absolutely none. I'm a convert now!

To make it short, the Nail Hardener Quick Dry Top Coat was okay, probably the weakest product in the kit. It was your standard, run-of-the-mill top coat. It wasn't as quick drying as, say, Seche Vite, and it wasn't long lasting either. Its saving grace was its nail hardener feature. It really does a good job making my nails stable and less bendy as usual. I'd still use it to harden my nails but I won't rely on it as a polish top coat.

So is this kit worth getting? I'm kind of on the fence on this one. Both base coats are awesome- two thumbs up for sure. I could function without the top coat, honestly, but its nail hardener property is worth mentioning. This kit is ₱110 which makes each bottle around ₱37 which is standard polish price here in the PH. So all in all...

Get the kit if: 
-you want to try OMG's products
-you want good and effective base coats
-you're building up a mani-pedi set
-you like dual purpose products

Don't get the kit if:
-you're looking for a top coat ala Seche Vite
-you don't need two base coats
-you can purchase each polish individually. The base coats (esp. the Anti Yellowing) are worth getting.

My final rating for this kit is a 7/10. Would I repurchase it? The kit, probably not; the Anti Yellowing and/or BB Base Coat, definitely.

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. At the same time as operational in associate in a nursing place of job, we tend to fulfill one among this huge amount of kith and relations. And masses of times we generally tend precisely our views at the same time as using hand gestures, shake hands, and oddity, therefore, it’s critical that your nails look unique at that point. Femingle gives you the best manicure and pedicure aervices at home. Preliminary impressions very last lengthy, therefore create the notable one with pretty nails or nail patterns, which can be carried out thru a knowledgeable nail author. For that reason, as soon as we meet new humans, our nails may not frighten them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free from Herpes just in 2 weeks

    The best herbal remedy

    You can contact him

    r.buckler11 {{@gmail}} com,, .................

    ReplyDelete