My Evening Skincare Routine

by - Monday, January 30, 2012

  I'm not really the kind of girl who piles a lot of products on her face before going to bed. Personally, I prefer my face to be product-less before sleeping so that my skin can "breathe", especially after wearing makeup all day. But since I'm still in my teen phase (I'm eighteen. That still counts, right?), I can't be careless with my skin. So these are the only products I use before sleeping.

   The first thing I do is wash my face. I'm currently using The Body Shop's Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash. I love trying different facial cleansers and so far I like this. Facial cleansers that can remove makeup left on my face are my favorite. But the cleansers I like using the most are those with mini beads on them. It feels like I'm really rubbing the makeup off my face and at the same time exfoliating it. Unfortunately, this Vitamin E facial wash doesn't have any beads. :(

  After I wash my face, I use The Body Shop's Vitamin E Eye Cream. I decided to try this because it "Helps reduce appearance of fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles." See, I don't really care about fine lines but I DO care about dark circles. My dark circles are so ugly. I feel like Taylor Momsen with her panda eyes without even trying. I just started using this at around the second week of January and so far I feel like my dark circles are lighter than before. And by lighter, I mean 15% lighter. Progress, progress...
  
  The second to the last product I use is either The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil or Tea Tree Blemish Gel. If I have small pimples, I use the gel. If I have bigger, meaner, and more painful ones, I reach for the oil. The difference between these two is that the Tea Tree Oil is more concentrated than the blemish gel. That's why the gel is milder and less stingy than the oil. Personally, I prefer the Tea Tree Oil. :)

  The last thing I apply is a teeny tiny bit of petroleum jelly on my lips, just to keep it moisturized. I prefer using this instead of lip balms that contain chemicals.

Thanks to my sister who gave all the the Body Shop products to me. :)


You May Also Like

0 comments