LOTD: Misguided Angel

by - Wednesday, February 01, 2012

  While looking at my young-adult books, I saw one cover that made me do this LOTD: Melissa de la Cruz' Misguided Angel. I'm a big fan of the series and I love how intriguing the covers are. I fell in love with this look in particular since it looks so fresh and so.....angelic.


  Here you'll see my version of the look. Of course it looks different because: 1. I used different products; 2. I have almond eyes while the girl on the cover has Caucasian eyes; 3. I have tanned skin; 4. My camera/lighting/whatever sucks.

The only palette I used was my NYX Makeup-Artist Palette.

 Step One: After priming your lids, use a shimmery/satin (whichever you prefer) light taupe color all over the lids.

Step Two: If you have a medium taupe shadow, use it as your crease color. If you have a light complexion, the shadow Naked from the Naked palette can be used, just build it up for a darker crease color. As for me, I mixed two shadows: a warm chocolate brown shadow (to add warmth) and a dark brown shadow. Blend well. Make sure it doesn't look too smokey.

Step Three: Apply the same dark shadow on your bottom lashline. Don't smudge; you just want to make your  lower lashes look fuller.

Step Four: Use a light shadow for highlight.

Step Five: Ditch the black eyeliner, go for the black eyeshadow. Line as close to your lashes.

Step Six: Add a coat of mascara on your top and bottom lashes. Avoid clumps. If you want o add more oomph to the look, add a pair of natural lashes.

Step Seven: The girl on the cover doesn't have any blush or bronzer so I skipped this part. However, if you want to do this look, feel free to add a light dusting of blush on the cheeks and maybe add a bit of bronzer to contour.

Step Eight: Almost done! Grab your light rose lipstick and apply it. As an alternative, you can use your nude lipsticks. You can also use a pink or nude lipgloss on top or on its own.

Finished look:


You May Also Like

0 comments