On the Spot: essence Gel Eyeliner in 03 Berlin Rocks

by - Friday, November 29, 2013

 Lookie! Purple liner! This is the other gel liner I got alongside London Baby which I previously featured. was really excited to test this one because I want to see how different it is from Maybelline's purple liner. Well, let's just say Berlin Rocks is definitely not a dupe for the Maybelline liner.

 Berlin Rocks is a true purple. It might look bright purple but really it's darker when swatched/used. When used, it turns to a shade similar to puto bumbong (which I'm so excited to eat this holiday! Ahh, Christmas food!). I actually like that it's kind of dark because it makes the liner more wearable. Also, texture is similar to London Baby: soft and creamy.

Eye products used: Too Faced Cocoa Rose blush on crease; Urban Decay Kinky on brow bone; Freestyle on lid.

Between Berlin Rocks and Maybelline's purple liner, I'd pick Berlin Rocks. Maybelline's isn't really that flattering because it has a reddish tint to it which makes the eyes look tired and sore. Also, BR is definitely more pigmented and easier to use as it's softer than Maybelline's. So sorry that I have no comparison swatch of the two liners...I left my Maybelline liner in Singapore. Teehee. :D

 Because of the quirky person that I am, I would definitely use this any time of the day. I think it's a cute way of adding a pop of color to your face instead of the usual bright lip color or eye shadow. I also think it's less harsh than black liner so you can give your black liner a holiday. Oooh, imagine wearing this on a bright sunny day! :3

You May Also Like

0 comments