On the Spot: essence Gel Eyeliner in 02 London Baby

by - Tuesday, November 26, 2013

 Heya! So today I decided to open and test the essence gel liners I got in their private sale. I actually had low expectations with the liners just because they were really inexpensive and sometimes inexpensive products aren't really that spectacular. And you know what, I take it back; these liners are surprisingly mind blowing. The first gel liner I have for you is London Baby.

 I got London Baby because I needed a brown gel liner. I wasn't really feeling the brown gel liner I have from Maybelline because it's kind of stiff and it dries pretty easily. Since essence has a brown gel liner, I thought, why not? I opened London Baby first because I wanted to see how brown it was. Apparently, I was in for a surprise.

Look at that. That is definitely the brown I was expecting. I was mind blown. London Baby has a brown base, which makes it technically a brown liner. But I can barely see that brown base. The first thing I saw was the gray color on top of the brown base and the shimmer. Personally, I think it looks amazing. Instead of getting a rich warm brown color, I get this gorgeous gray-brown combination with shimmer! A little shimmer never hurt nobody, you know. I'd happily ditch my black liner for this, especially for everyday use. So yes, I'm absolutely loving the this!

I was also surprised at how soft the gel liner was. I've never encountered something that's as soft and creamy as this one. MAC's, elf's, Maybelline's, Bobbi Brown's are all creamy when applied but they aren't as soft as essence's. Sometimes you feel sort of a resistance when dipping your brush into the pot; I didn't feel that with this. It was really soft so you have to be a bit careful or else you'll have excess product on your brush.
Other products used: MAC Folie on the crease; Urban Decay Kinky on the brow bone; Freestyle on the lid. San San Deep Earth Brown on the brows.

Application was a breeze. It was amazing to work with really. It went on smoothly and opaquely, no skipping or patching. Because it's soft, winging the ends was really easy. Also, it doesn't set really quickly so it gives you the right amount of time to do some adjustments. But once it sets, it won't budge. I tried smudging it and it won't move at all.

Since today was the first time I used this, I still can't tell you the wear time or if it's really waterproof. But it really left a good impression on me and I look forward to using this again soon. Who knows, you just might see this again on a future EOTD post as a replacement for my usual black liner. ;)

You May Also Like

0 comments