EOTD: A Bit Old School

by - Friday, December 20, 2013

Hi there! Here's another EOTD which is definitely more wearable and day friendly than Caution Is Calling but still holiday appropriate since it's a glittery pin-up look. Pin-up looks are my favorite because they're pretty easy to do and recreate. All you need are eye shadows (light, brown, and/or dark brown/black) and black eyeliner. For my light shadow, I decided to use a non-white one and flesh-colored shadows are the best alternative as they're not as harsh but still give you a light wash on the lids. You all know I love my brown shadows so I decided to incorporate three. I'm not a big fan of a dark crease with pin-up looks so I just stick to browns and a teeny tiny bit of a dark brown shadow to deepen the browns a bit. As for eyeliner, I just did a wearable wing that's not long and dramatic. And for the first time I used liquid eyeliners! And I have to say: I still prefer my gel and cake liners. :P

Products Used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay shadow in Freestyle (all over the lids, crease, and browbone)
MAC shadow in Jaan (layered on top of Freestyle on the lid)
Kat Von D shadow in Evil Monkey (main crease color)
Cosmoprof Brown Shadow (blending/crease)
Urban Decay shadow in Backdoor (tiny bit on the outer third of crease, blended to the rest of the crease)
Urban Decay shadow in Foxy (browbone highlight)
essence Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner*
essence Stays No Matter What Waterproof Eyeliner Pen*
Ever Bilena Advance Eyebrow and Concealer Pencil (concealer end used on the waterline)
Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes Mascara

*I used two liners because I had difficulty using the eyeliner pen so I switched to the thicker one with felt tip. After which I used the eyeliner pen again to clean the edges of the whole wing liner as the pencil is thinner and more precise.

You May Also Like

0 comments