Soap & Glory Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em Body Buff

by - Saturday, January 25, 2014

The very first Soap & Glory product I bought was their Flake Away scrub two years ago. I remember loving the scent of that scrub and I loved it even more when I used it. Because of the Flake Away, I've decided to try another scrub of S&G, this time the Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em.

 I got this in the same Sephora branch where I bought the Flake Away. It was one of their below S$10 products by the counter which is not that hard to spot since it's pink and cute and small. Since I'm a sucker for anything pink and cute and small, I immediately bought it, no questions asked.


This body scrub is very different from the Flake Away. The Flake Away has shea butter, sugar, and peach seed giving the product a sweet smell while this one has babassu oil, sea salt, moisturising jojoba and mandarin oils which makes the scent strong and a bit salty. There are two exfoliants in it, beads and chunky salt grains.

 I tried it a few days ago and I was amazed at how it feels, like lotion on the skin. It's not at all soapy and the soap base just glides on the skin. What even amazed me is how the beads dissolve quickly and how I didn't feel the salt grains on my skin when I rub it. I do feel it against my hands but not on my skin which is amazing! Another thing I observed is that this scrub is probably 60% soap base and 40% scrub while the Flake Away is 10% soap base and 90% scrub, making the Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em less rough and more gentle.

When rinsed, it smells very fresh on the skin which surprised me because as I've said before, it has a very strong scent. While I think that it did moisturize my skin, I still felt a bit dry. I still like it though, mainly because of the scent and how I can't feel the grains on my skin. Overall I think it's a good scrub, particularly for those who hate feeling the grains in a scrub. And for those who like a fresh scent, this one's for you.

I give this a 7/10. Bought at Sephora Singapore for S$7.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am on the hunt for a new scrub and this fits the bill perfectly :) I also like how its not expensive x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Hope you enjoy this scrub as much as I do. :)

      Delete