Nail of the Week: essence Colour & Go in #156: Me and My Lover

by - Thursday, January 23, 2014

I've decided to test an essence polish for this week. It's has a different finish though, one that's new in Singapore at least. It's called the "sparkly sand effect" which I assume is the rough/grainy/sand texture that became popular a year ago. I remember liquid sand polishes were quite pricey that time so I decided to pass up. But thankfully there are cheaper ones now that I can wholeheartedly try and purchase without breaking the bank.

Me and My Lover starts as a pink glittery polish but turns to a lovely shade of red when layered twice or thrice. I achieved the red shade on the third coat, making the polish more opaque and sandy. The glitters are a combination of red, pink, and gold, all very fine when wet but turns rough when dried. I decided to skip the top coat (I know, I know) and let it as it is. I figured the top coat would just ruin the rough surface of my nails which kind of defeats the purpose, really. However, I feel like my nails are harder and less prone to chipping so that's a plus. Here's to hoping this won't chip soon!

Me and My Lover was mentioned here and here. Bought at Watsons Singapore for S$2.90.

You May Also Like

0 comments