EOTD: Number's Blocked

by - Monday, February 03, 2014

I've been rummaging through my makeup palettes these past few days and I've realized that I haven't touched, played, or used some of them for quite a while now. One of those palettes is the NYX Make-Up Artist Palette which I got back in 2011. I used to be so fond of it because of the shadows and the blushes and contour/highlight powders underneath. It was my go-to palette. But when I started getting new palettes that are smaller and more travel friendly, I ceased using the NYX palette because I was happy with the new ones. Since it's a new year, I plan to use it and the other palettes more and alongside my more used palettes. 

Speaking of which, here's the first look I created with the NYX palette. It's pretty simple; it's a one-shadow lid look, inspired by the "no makeup" makeup female celebs often wear in TV shows I watch. I think it's a wearable look for daytime, one I'd definitely wear if I had more time in prepping whenever I go out.

PRODUCTS USED:
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil
NYX Brown shadow (all over the lid and lower lashline; wish NYX provided the names of the shadows in this palette because I really like this shade and finish, which is a cross between matte and satin.)
MAC Smolder (upper lid liner; smudged with Urban Decay shadow in Blackout)
Kryolan Contour Pencil 2 Colors (brown side, used to lightly line the roots of the lower lashes then smudged with the NYX brown shadow)
EB Advance Eyebrow & Concealer in Ash Blonde (concealer side, used to line the waterline)
Urban Decay shadow in Freestyle (inner corner and browbone highlight)

You May Also Like

0 comments