Currently Wearing: essence Longlasting Lipstick in 07 Natural Beauty

by - Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Last month, I bought my very first lipstick from essence, one that I thought I can wear on a daily basis but it turned out to be quite a bright one for daily wear. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, click here. Because of that, I decided to check the lipstick range one more time to see if there's something for me; something more wearable and muted. Lo and behold, I found one. Yay!

Natural Beauty is such an apt name for this lipstick. It's such a beautiful natural pink! Although at first glance at the bullet, I thought it was 50% pink, 50% nude because of the noticeable brown tone. When I swatched it, however, I saw that it's really a pink lipstick because none of that brown tone showed at all. That was also why I had a hard time getting a photo of it. Either it's pink or nude which was crazy because it looks like a good balance of both in person. But since it's pink when swatched and worn, I decided to go with the photo where the pink is more prominent.

The feel of this lipstick is the same as On The Catwalk! Both feel like tinted lip balms, light and wet. The pigmentation is sheer to medium which makes it look more natural and light when worn. When I took the photo of me wearing it above, I applied concealer to my lips first because I thought it would help the lipstick look more vibrant. In hindsight, I shouldn't have done that because it made my lips look chalky and it kind of ruined the lip color. Guess I should have applied a pink lip liner instead, eh? :P

I definitely love wearing this lipstick. I can just apply it and go and it would still look good. Also like that the formula's a bit wet so at least it doesn't dry my lips (or rather it doesn't make it drier). It also doesn't fade easily because the color was still on my lips after I ate and drank. So do I consider this my MLBB lippie? No. For me it's more like MLBSMB. My Lips But SO MUCH Better!

What's your MLBB lippie? x

07 Natural Beauty bought at Watsons Plaza Singapura for S$4.95.

You May Also Like

0 comments