EOTD: Up with the Kites

by - Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Playing with a couple of colors again, colors that I thought wouldn't go well together. I've always liked my lid shadow I just didn't know how to use it or incorporate it in a look. But hurrah, I finally used it!

Here's a little BTS story: When I was done with applying it on my lid, I got confused. What's my crease color? Brown? Taupe? Color? What's neeext?? Looking at it one more time, the color reminded me of some EOTD looks I saw in Pinterest and in beauty blogs. The color is quite mermaid-y and I remember gurus paired it with a pink crease. Pink crease? Pssh, too common. *scans palette* AHA! This one! Who thought a light purple crease is a really good pink crease substitute?

Products Used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Cottage Cheese (lid, smudged)
NYX unnamed blue-green shadow (lid)
NYX unnamed light purple shadow (crease)
Cosmoprof Brown shadow (crease base)
Urban Decay shadow in Foxy (brow bone highlight)
Too Faced shadow in Cut the Cake (inner corner highlight)
Urban Decay shadow in Backdoor (lower lashline)
Urban Decay shadow in Crave (not included in swatch photo; wing)
Nichido Eye Pencil in Medium Brown (outer third of the lower lashline smudged by Backdoor)
Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes

You May Also Like

0 comments