Late May Dinner @ Kinara

by - Monday, September 08, 2014

May 25, 2014
Late food post again about a place that serves really good Indian food.


 My sister, her family, and I went to Clarke Quay to have dinner in Kinara. Kinara serves North Indian cuisine. I was really excited to try their food because a little birdie told me that North Indian cuisine is less spicy than Southern Indian cuisine. Don't get me wrong, I like Indian cuisine whether it's from the north or south but sometimes I find their food so spicy I can't enjoy it anymore. You really can't blame me for looking forward to Indian cuisine that has less heat, you know. :P


After the papadums and all, our Samosas were served. I quite liked it. It was less greasy than the samosas I've tried before. It was generously filled and it was really flavorful. Good way to start our meal!

Of course you can't go to an Indian restaurant without ordering naan. We had the Makhni Naan or buttered naan. Bless you, India and your awesome naans. This alone or this + beef rendang? YES PLEASE.

Our mains: Hyderabadi Biryani and Paneer Makhani. Hyderabadi Briyani consisted of lamb, basmati, spices, saffron, and herbs. OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS. This is soooo good. It had the right amount of heat, had generous amounts of lamb, and the basmati was perfectly cooked. It was also served with a creamy sauce (bottom right of the photo) mixed with veggies and omg, it made the biryani even tastier. So good. Oh, and don't be fooled by the container. It may look small but it's I think the inside is so wide that I think it can accomodate rice for 4 people. Ahh, soo good! The Paneer Makhani on the other hand was fresh cubes of cottage cheese in a rich tomato gravy. This is my most requested Indian food, thanks to the Indian cooking shows in the Asian Food Channel. I was so curious about this because well, it's cheese and I love cheese! I HEART THIS TOO. The gravy was really tasty and not at all spicy. I really enjoyed this one. Love love love.


Absolutely love Kinara. I love their food, the service is excellent, and plus points for giving us more papadums and mint sauce! We were seated outside near the river and I totally recommend that especially in the evening where the air's cold and the view's nice. Nice view, cold air, and good food? Best combo ever.

You May Also Like

0 comments