HAUL: Books + Brushes

by - Thursday, September 18, 2014

Ahh, books and brushes- two of my favorite things! It's funny because right when I got my birthday money, National Bookstore held a book sale where everything was down to almost 70% off- and this ain't the MIBF yet! Anyway, here are the books I was able to buy and an added bonus: my first Beauty Cosmetics purchase!

Let's start with the brushes, shall we? I've read and heard good reviews about Beauty Cosmetics brushes from local bloggers and Youtubers so I guess you could say that they're on my "To Try" list. Thankfully, Beauty Cosmetics brushes is available in a boutique in Robinson's Galleria which is perfect because it's quite near from where I live. They have a lot of individual brushes and they also have sets. I decided to try their eye brushes, namely the tapered blending brush, angled shadow brush, and eyeshadow brush. The tapered blending brush seems like a very affordable dupe for the MAC 217 so I can't wait to try it out. I can't wait to try it so much that I bought two! :)) I got the angled brush so I can easily *crossing fingers* do an outer v on my small lids. The eyeshadow brush I got was pretty dense, a little bit stiff, and not at all flat. It actually reminds me of the Real Techniques shading brush. I know I won't be using it on my lids though; I'll use it to blend!

For the books, I got the September issue of Preview (I love the finish of the cover!), City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, Variant by Robison Wells, and Shards & Ashes by Melissa Marr, Kelly Armstrong, and more. I really can't wait to read these books along with my another unread ones. Also, I watched The Maze Runner this afternoon and I loved it! Seriously you guys, go watch it. I've heard negative things from people who've read the books but I'm not of those so I can say that I really enjoyed the movie. Because of that, I decided to buy the Maze Runner boxed set because I really want to know what happens next!

So yeah, there's my haul. It's been a while since I splurged on books and it feels goooood. Someone stop me from going to the bookstore again!!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. i am in desperate need of some new brushes! these look great! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/09/bleach-london-hair-dye.html xx

    ReplyDelete