Afternoon Snacking @ Bao Today

by - Friday, October 10, 2014

OH HAI GUYSS!! So sorry for the lack of posts these past few weeks. I'm in Singapore again and vacay mode is definitely on. I feel uneasy for not updating my blog so I'll try to post some photos of whatever I'm up to every now and then.


Last Sunday afternoon, my sister, mom, and I went to Somerset/Orchard area to roam around and check what's new. Before doing all the exploring, we went to Bao Today to have a light afternoon snack.

First order of business: hot drink! I dunno why but whenever I'm here in Singapore, my default hot drink is teh c. What can I say, I love me some tea! So that's what I got in Bao Today. Their hot teh c was okay but nowhere near Killiney's teh c which is my absolute fave!

So. The bao my sister always talks about: Creamy Custard Bao! Basically it's yummy creamy salty-sweet custard inside a green-colored bao. Sounds simple but it's pretty amazing. They serve it straight from the steamer so expect piping hot baos. The custard is sweet and salty, the salty part, we suspect, is salty egg yolk. One bite and it'll make you OMGOMGOMG GIMME GIMME MORE!!! Well, at least I did. :P It's something different and I urge you to try it when you're here.

If custard baos aren't your thing, they have other fillings like red bean, sesame, lotus paste, chicken, pork, and meat. They also have xiao long bao! Aside from baos, they have noodles, dim sum, and rice toppings. Hmm wonder what I should try next...

Bao Today locations: Marina Square #02-234/5/6, 55 Market Street #01-01, & 313@Somerset #01-25B.

You May Also Like

0 comments