A Few Blog Post Ideas for Beauty Bloggers

by - Friday, January 30, 2015

Sharing a little something different today.

I love blogging. I like taking photos of products, swatches, and looks. I also like writing about it, how I feel, how I find it, how interesting a certain product is to me. Don't get me wrong, I like doing reviews and e/lotds but sometimes it can get tiring. EOTD-Review-NOTD-Review-Current Faves-EOTD...it sometimes feel like a routine, you know? I somehow feel like I need to shake things up every now and then. That's why I like making a list of other beauty-related topics I can blog about.


Here are some of the topics I can think of as of now. This list will probably grow but for now, this is my little list I want to share to all of my beauty blogger sistahs who are looking for ideas for their own blogs. :)

• Beauty Tags
Beauty tags are fun to do and they're everywhere! There's a lot of tags to choose from, from Perfect Palette, Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty, to Would You Rather. If you've done it all, maybe it's time to make you own. ;)

• Go-to Hairstyles
Whether your go-to hairdo is a beehive or a messy bun, share it! It's always interesting to see how one does their hair and I personally love seeing the products that were used on that hairstyle.

• DIY
This is probably my favorite thing to read. Anything DIY, I love! Share any beauty DIY you know- scrubs, balms, masks, tools... the list goes on!

• Disappointing Products
Personally, this one takes time. I don't have a lot of disappointing products because I make sure everything I buy has good reviews and are recommended although that doesn't mean that aren't a few bad eggs every now and then. Beauty blogging means talking about everything about beauty and that definitely includes that bad or disappointing parts.

• Makeup Playlist
Whenever I do an EOTD, I always listen to music. For some odd reason, music makes makeup application waaay easier. I might do a makeup playlist post sometime in the future but in the meantime, why don't you post yours? :D


• Beauty Wishlist
Ahh don't we all lust for something, say the new Charlotte Tilbury eyshadow palette or the Lorac Pro Collection? Or perhaps a new makeup book? Whatever it is, list em up! Lust away, sistah!

• Tips & Tricks
Not everyone does their makeup in a certain way and not every makeup application is smooth sailing! Share some techniques you do, whether it's for contouring, setting, or lip lining. Help some folks out, will you?

• Fave Beauty Blogs/Bloggers
I follow a considerable amount of beauty bloggers in Bloglovin and I love it! Beauty and a few Fashion posts are my morning reads and I absolutely get excited when I see that my fave blogger has posted something new. Post a few of your go-to beauty blogs and bloggers. Sometimes this kind of post helps me discover really good beauty blogs.

• Top 5 Fave Products
Now you can play with this topic a little bit. Top 5 products can be anything really: top 5 morning products, top 5 flight essentials, top 5 crease shadows, top 5 lip colors for the summer, etc. Get creative!

• Beauty Photography
LOVE reading posts that are about photography because they help me up my beauty photography game. Share how you take your blog photos: what camera lens do you use? Background? Set-Up? How do you edit your photos? A few tips and tricks won't hurt either.


• Most Used/ Currently Using: Brushes
I feel like brushes don't get a lot of love considering they're the main tools we use for makeup application! I have a soft spot for brushes so I like seeing brushes I've never used before. I like to see reviews, whether it's good or bad, and I like discovering brushes that work wonderfully but are budget friendly!

• AM/PM Skincare 
Got this idea from ViviannaDoesMakeup, You can either share your routine or just the products you use. Help us up our skincare game!

• 5 Product Face
This is another post I plan on doing although I find it kind of hard to do haha! Doing this is quite challenging but enlightening too, discovering you can look presentable with only five products.

• Beauty Book Love
Beauty books and magazines are everything to me. Flipping through the pages of these books help me find an inspiration, whether it be a simple or edgy look. I also like reading these books since I learn a lot of things about makeup application I may have forgotten or I may have not tried yet.

• Nail Art
Last but not least, it's all about them nails! You think I'd forget? Nail arts are my current obsession. I may have followed a ton of nail bloggers both in Bloglovin and I definitely subscribed to a lot of them in Youtube as well. Whether it's a simple ombre or marble, or a full-on blinged nail art, it's always a joy seeing them on my dash.

And that's it! Hopefully I was able to help you find out what your next post will be. Me? Well, let's just say I've got something planned for the next week. Stay tuned! x



You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Really enjoyed this post! Great read and inspiration. Definitely looking forward to reading these posts from you :) Especially the beauty photography!

    LuxBunni

    ReplyDelete