Red Orange, Orange Red

by - Monday, February 02, 2015

A new week, a new month. Happy February, lovely people! I thought I'd do something cohesive for the first week of Feb. For this week, it's gonna be a lippie week. I initially wanted a red lippie week but I thought it was kinda predictable (you know, since it's Valentine's month yada, yada..) so I opted to still incorporate red but not an in you face red. Hopefully you'll get what I mean by the end of the week, :)) 

Gonna start this lippie week off with the red lippie in my Cosmoprof Lip Palette. Cosmoprof was the beauty school I went to a couple of years ago. During the course I took, this was the lip palette we, the students, constantly used. It has pink, red, and a baby pink; it was pointless to carry more lipsticks when the basic lipstick colors you need are already in one small palette.

I admit the red in this palette wasn't used that much after the course. If  I wanted red, I'd pick up my Elizabeth Arden Cranberry Cream or OCC Indashio. I'm not big fan of the color because it's quite obvious that this certain red is a red-orange, and I like my red to be intensely red, not red with a hint of orange. 

Here's a little swatch of the lippie. Frankly, I was surprised at how orange it was! Whenever I use this, I line the lips first with a red lip pencil so I never really saw the strong orange hue until now. Now I need to hold on to this much longer since I have nothing like this shade in my kit. Huh.

Aaaand this is how it looks on me. No lip liner, just the product. When applied, it goes on sheer. I had to do two layers just so it wouldn't look like a gloss. After using this I learned two things: one, a lip liner is definitely needed. Wanna intensify the red? Use red. Wanna intensify the orange? Use orange. I think MAC High Energy or What A Blast will intensify the orange real good; two, this is a lip color I can't pull off. It looks weird on my pigmented lips and I feel like it doesn't suit my skintone (although it looks quite decent...I think). Somehow it also looks pa-cute, which I'm not. Haha!

I think I'll just let the fair-skinned gals sport this lippie. It sort of reminds me of Korean makeup, also Tricia Gosingtian. I sometimes see photos of her with cutesy orange lips which I think looks good on her. On me, not so much. Maybe I'll try this with a deep red liner instead... ;)

You May Also Like

0 comments