Current Face Cleaning Duo

by - Monday, January 05, 2015

Around November of last year, my skin was a mess. I had big dry patches on my cheek areas that drove me crazy. Said patches were rough to the touch and there were splinters of dry skin sticking out. The only way I could "tame" them was by applying moisturizer but sometimes it didn't stand a chance. After weeks of not giving a damn about it, I decided enough's enough, hence the switch of face cleaners and products.

 The first thing I did was toss my previous facial wash that did nothing but make my skin condition worse. I decided to try a facial wash I bought during a warehouse sale which was The Face Shop's Fermented White Tea Foam Cleanser. According to TFS's site, it has "fermented white tea ingredient and granules helps to make skin clear and bright and contains fermented white tea extract & phyto-based granules with antioxidant and whitening effects". I like that it has beads that don't scratch the skin too much. This cleanser feels good on the skin and it smells good too.

I pair the cleanser with the Konjac sponge I got from Smoochiezz. It's not the original Konjac sponge, but guys, it works wonders! If you don't know what a konjac sponge is, it's basically a sponge made from plant fibers from a tree called Konnyaku or Konjac. The tree's rich in minerals and is naturally alkaline. What I love about the sponge is that it's gentle on the skin but it does a great job on exfoliating. 

Foam cleanser + Konjac sponge = best combo ever. I've been using these two since December and whaddyaknow, my dry patches are smoother and tamer now. Also, I find that my moisturizer gets absorbed more and doesn't just sit on top of my skin. If you have sensitive or blemished skin, I recommend getting a Konjac sponge, original or not. I am so in love with it, I'm already looking for a backup. Yes, it's that good and effective. *insert mindblown.jpg here*


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. ahh this is amazing, thank you for sharing. im really trying to overhaul my skincare routine this year so i will definitely be trying these products! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/2014-year-in-review.html xx

    ReplyDelete