Nail of the Week: NARS Nail Lacquer in Sharplines Right

by - Saturday, January 03, 2015

Third day of 2015 and first post for this year! The couple of weeks have been heaven, doing nothing but chill, eat, drink, and sleep. However, it's a new year now and it's time to get going again.

But first, lemme take a (nail) selfie. :P

If you've read my Christmas greeting post, you saw what I wore on my nails for that week. I knew I said review will be up before NYE but hey, my brain went all holiday mode on me. Anyway, here it is.

What I wore for Christmas week was NARS Sharplines Right, a polish that's part of a duo called Sharplines in Pierre Hardy's summer collection back in 2013. In case you're wondering, I got mine in the 2014 Shiseido warehouse sale in Singapore. Sharplines Right is the polish for the holiday because of its gorgeous color: deep wine red. I know, the description doesn't do it justice, so I'm gonna quote Temptalia on this:

"Sharplines (Right) is a deep, dark, blackened burgundy with a cream finish that almost feels and looks like a jelly… but not."

Hm. Sounds about right. When you see it from afar, you'll think it's just your average black polish, but look at it under the sun or a really bright light, you'll see that it's a gorgeous dark wine red/burgundy.


Now let me tell you why I love this so much. Aside from the color, it was such a breeze to work with. The consistency is right smack in the middle of thick and watery. It's runny enough to spread easily but not so that it spreads everywhere and pool at the cuticles. YES, you've read that right. It didn't pool at the cuticles. I could weep from that discovery alone. It's also quite opaque. I only did two coats on my nails and called it a day. And you know what, it feels damn luxurious. It gave a "classier" aura to my hands and I felt so accomplished with my mani to the point that I didn't want to remove it.

I wore this for seven days and it didn't chip. It was crazy considering that I wash the dishes without gloves and I didn't reapply top coat. The chip came on the seventh day on my left pinkie nail but it was just a small nick on the corner so whatever. Damn NARS, you impressed me so much!

This polish made my holiday and made me feel like I was a BAMF (or the New Classic as Iggy Azalea says) and I'm really glad I wore this since I was kind of saving it for this year. Sharplines Left, however, won't be having an appearance for the next weeks because I'm definitely saving it for the summer. But who knows, maybe I'll go YOLO again and open it before summer. Or after since I forgot to open it. Ha!


You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hello! Haha! I've been reading your blog since 2012! I just want to say keep up the good work! Omg! Love you xx

    -Lyy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized, I've never tried any NARS nail polish!! The formula looks and sounds delightful, I'm all for the no pooling, perfect consistency AND 1-week chip-free! :) Love the shade you got it in, too. very classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try NARS na! This one in particular is a winner, love everything about it. Now I'm a NARS convert when it comes to polishes. :))

      Delete