Matte, Matte, Matte

by - Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Matte is everything- there I said it. I don't know why but I love incorporating matte finishes in anything beauty related in my life. I LOVE matte shadows even if they're a bitch to blend out. I like matte lippies even if some of them are drying as hell. I, of course, prefer to have a matte face than a "glowy" one. Don't get me wrong, glossy, luminous finishes look good too but I feel that they're used and seen quite often. Mattes, not so much.


This time, I'm incorporating my beloved matte finish on my nails. For the longest time, I've sported glossy nails with the help of my favorite clear top coats. But they're taking a break for now because of a new top coat I acquired days ago. It's the Bobbie Basic Matte Top Coat. Some brands carry matte top coats too but since this one's from a local brand, it's more wallet-friendly but that doesn't mean it doesn't get the job done. To be honest, I was quite surprised at how effective it is. It was able to mattify my polish without making it too flat. I love it.

I used this top coat for a week and it's safe to say that it can mattify your polish for around 5 days straight without retouch. On the sixth day, I felt that the top coat wasn't there anymore since my polish looked glossy. But five days ain't bad, right? Also, I applied two thick coats on my nails to achieve my desired effect. I found out that it's better to apply this in thick layers. I tried to apply it thinly but it messed up with my polish. So yeah, thick's the way to go. (Is it me or did that sound dirty?)

One last thing I love about it: it dries pretty quickly. Give it a minute or two and it's set. What I don't like is the smell though. The scent's pretty strong, man. Thankfully, it doesn't linger that long on the nails. Overall, this top coat's a winner on my book because it does a great job as a top coat and it doesn't burn a hoe in my pocket. Great find indeed.

You May Also Like

0 comments