Current Top Coats

by - Monday, February 16, 2015

Fact: I have a lot of nail polishes. Fact: I only have four top coats.

I've been featuring nail polishes here in my blog for a while now and I feel that I don't give my top coats enough love. I mean, they're technically nail polishes too, right? So today I'll share the top coats I always reach for whenever I paint my nails.

I like layering my top coats as I discovered that they make my mani last longer. My combo of choice is the San San Nail Spa Top Coat and the Catrice Quick Dry & High Shine Top Coat. Both top coats are runny, water-based even, and they dry thinly on the nails. When layered on top of each other, they create a sturdy protection, keeping chips to a minimum and makes my mani last for almost a week. It also helps that both are quick drying cause lezz be honest, waiting for polish to dry ain't fun.

I got the essence Gel-Look Plumping Top Coat last year as I though it'd give my mani a gel look. It does, but not for a long time. I find that it thins out, making my mani not look gel-like anymore. I will be doing a separate post for this so stay tuned!

Lastly, this top coat was something I raved about last month. It's the Bobbi Basic Matte Top Coat. For a local brand, I'm surprised it works so well! It gave my nails a flawless matte finish and it's surprisingly long lasting too. I'm glad this one's affordable and available locally.

And that's pretty much it! I'm not big on buying top coats but ever since I used the first ones in this post, I now look for something similar to those- water-based and quick drying. Seriously, they're life mani-changing! It's also cool to have two top coats that have a different effect/finish. You never know when you're in the mood for matte or extra glossy, am I right? :D


You May Also Like

0 comments