EOTD: Sunshine in an Empty Place

by - Friday, February 13, 2015

Ahh don't you get excited when you have something new to play with? In my case, it's the Fanny Serrano single eyeshadow in Mocha Java. It was one of those shadows I got due to me falling in love with it at first swatch. It happened one afternoon when I was trolling around a mall's beauty section. I've seen local bloggers rave about FS shadows so I thought to check what the hype was all about. I did and went home with a brand new single shadow.

I will create a review on this shadow but lemme describe it briefly: it's a warm pink shade which obviously looks nothing like the color mocha. It's such a gorgeous color and a very day-appropriate shadow. I applied it all over my lid but forrealz, you can just stop here, add mascara and go. But for this look, I added a couple more things.

On my crease is Folie, a lovely matte red-brown. It's one of my fave shadows although I don't use it on clients that much since it takes (a lot of) time to blend out. Since Folie and Mocha Java pretty much look alike, there's a subtle shift in color which I totally dig.

Adding a bit of sparkle and highlight, I added Sin on the inner corner and Freestyle on my brow bone. Decided to go with a dark brown gel liner instead of a black to keep things subtle and light. Mascara on the lower and upper lashes and that's pretty much today's look.

Hey, this totally looks like a VDay look! It's a coincidence, of course. I'd probably be makeup free on the day, watching some movies (Theory of Everything, Whiplash, Playing It Cool, Birdman...take a pick) with a glass or two of Bailey's on the side. Another Saturday for me...

Products Used:
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
MAC Folie (crease)
Fanny Serrano shadow in Mocha Java (lid, a little bit on the lower lashline)
Urban Decay shadow in Sin (inner corner)
Urban Decay shadow in Freestyle (brow bone highlight)
essence Gel Liner in 02 London Baby
Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes


You May Also Like

0 comments