EOTD: Play Your Game

by - Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Today's look is a result of playing with makeup without any peg on mind. I was looking at my NYX Makeup Artist Palette when I saw this gorgeous shadow I haven't used yet and I immediately made it the main color for this look. Said shadow is a gorgeous red violet with subtle lilac-y shimmer. Initially, I thought it was some shade of purple; turns out I was just seeing the purple shimmer.

Since my main color is on the violet spectrum, I got another shadow that's on the same color family. Blackhearts is a really pretty color on the pan, although I must say, the color turns out to be different, again because of the shimmers. The shimmers of Blackhearts are a bit red so those make you think it's BH is a dark violet/red when in reality, it's just a dark plum with red shimmer. Still pretty but the color change can be a bit disappointing.

After patting the NYX shadow all over my lid, I was unsure on what to do next. "Ah, maybe I should put Blackhearts on my outer v..." When I did, for some odd reason, outer v turned to a wing. Blame the tape I put beforehand. I decided to roll with it and I went all Linda Hallberg on my EOTD with the winged out tip. So yeah, I guess I took my love for winged liner too far and created a blown up version of it, and an ombre at that. Tying the two purples together, I went on and applied Freestyle on the crease. I loved the effect Freestyle created: a subtle peach halo.

Sorry if my eye's red; it just got so irritated after I did my lower lashline twice. I first wanted a dark lower lashline but I saw how it made the whole look unbalanced. So I removed everything on my lower lashline and just went with the NYX shadow and a purple waterline. After that, my eye got really really irritated and refused to go back to its normal state. I had no choice- I needed to take photos because the sun was already setting. So pardon my evil/possessed looking eye right there.

Products Used:
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
Unnamed NYX shadow (lid, lower lashline)
Urban Decay shadow in Freestyle (crease)
Kat Von D shadow in Blackhearts (outer v/ wing)
Urban Decay shadow in Kinky (brow bone highlight)
Catrice Precision Eye Pencil in 110 My Ninja Purple (waterline)
Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes

You May Also Like

2 comments