EOTD: A Whisper of Smoke

by - Monday, February 09, 2015

Halloo! Today's look is something of a reverse smokey eye slightly because the darkest color isn't on the lid but on the lower lashline. I don't have a lot of lid space so I really find it difficult to load up on dark shadow and when I do, it looks a bit awkward. I recently discovered that smoking my lashline a bit is better since it gives me the right amount of smokeyness and darkness. Totally prefer this technique cause it's easier and cleaner!

Also, taking things a bit old-school today with the Urban Decay Naked palette. This one's definitely an oldie but a goodie. I always have this palette with me because I am obsessed with Buck and Naked, and my favorite highlighter, Virgin. For this look, I used Smog all over my lid. I forgot how this shadow blends so easily! Actually, Smog looks really good as a lid wash when thoroughly blended out. It's one of those one-shadow wonders. I blended Smog all over my lid and crease and added Half Baked on the center. If I were to recreate this look, I'd switch Half Baked to a lighter shade of gold such as MAC Goldmine or Kat Von D Sunset Blvd just so the pop of color is more prominent. Although if I were to wear this in the evening, I'd stick with Half Baked. For the lower lashline, I used my ever favorite matte brown, Buck.

I skipped liner and went with them lashes instead. You can totally wear falsies with this look. I would but I might mess up my lid work with all the glue and shizz so I decided to just stick with my trusty lash curler and mascara. And voila!

Products Used:
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
Urban Decay shadow in Smog (lid + crease)
Urban Decay shadow in Half Baked (center of lid)
Urban Decay shadow in Buck (lower lashline)
Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes


You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. you literally have such amazing eyes! this is so gorgeous. id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/a-different-type-of-new-year-detox.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I definitely think you should consider making makeup videos if you have time ^^
      Btw do you have any makeup looks with the Naked Basics palette only? That's basically the only non-super-cheap palette i have lol~

      Delete