Nail of the Week: essence Re-Mix Your Style in 02 Someone Like You

by - Saturday, February 07, 2015

Last year, I featured two polishes in essence's Re-Mix Your Style collection. Today, I'm gonna talk about the final polish I have from the collection, which is my most favorite one too. Don't know why it took me this long to blog about it but here you go!

Someone Like You was something I picked up because of the simple fact that I didn't have a brown polish in my collection. I was scared to wear this polish at first because the color was so foreign to me. Brown on nails to match my brown skin? Would that work? Well, apparently it did or else I wouldn't love this polish. This polish's brown shade is similar to milk chocolate. Not quite sure if it's a warm, cool, or neutral brown though cause I'm going blind it looks like it's all of that. I dunno, maybe it's neutral. What do you think?

I like that this shade of brown complements my skintone. It doesn't make my hands look darker than they are and that's a big, big plus for me. One coat is not enough, although that where you'll see its milk chocolate color. Two coats will make it quite opaque and naturally, the polish would be darker and in this case, somewhat a dark chocolate shade. I like wearing this polish because it could pass as black polish from afar but when you look closer, it's just a dark, dark brown. Quite deceiving, huh?

Among the three polishes I own the Re-Mix collection, Someone Like You is the easiest to work with. It doesn't pool on the cuticles that much, has the right consistency, and since it's brown, it's a neutral color. YES, my love for neutrals applies on my nails as well. Teehee.


You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. ive never tried a brown nail polish before. i love how shiny it is it looks gorgeous, definitely something i think ill have to try! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/happy-1st-birthday-to-amy-elizabeth.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not actually that shiny but maybe the plumping top coat I used helped. :)

      Delete
  2. Wish there are more Essence products here in Canada! Great review :)

    LuxBunni

    ReplyDelete