Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Lipstick in Geranium Shimmer

by - Thursday, February 05, 2015

The second lippie for my red-but-not-full-on lippie week is totally different from the previous one. For starters, this one leads towards pink...but then again, not really.

When you look at Geranium Shimmer, you'll think it's a red. Not a pure red, but still red. Look closer, you'll see the color change. Personally, I see it as a red pink, with a tiny bit of copper. It's interesting as it looks complex; studying it from all angles and lighting to know the correct color of it gave me bloody headache. 

I did a little but of Googling to see what a geranium flower looks like. Didn't know there were a lot of geranium species out there! The closest geranium species that has the closest color to this lipstick is the Geranium arboreum, also known as Hawaii red cranesbill. The flower has a magenta color, quite similar to the lippie. And lemme tell you, the Hawaii red cranesbill is gorgeous. Sad to know it's endangered though.

Ze swatch. 

This lippie is a bit luminous for my liking although I think it adds character to the product. It's also possible that that's because of the shimmer particles in the lipstick. Yes, it has glitters...fine ones. It'll get you worried for a bit but trust me, you won't feel anything on the lips. The lipstick wasn't hard to apply either. It went on smoothly and gives a medium coverage.

Ze lippie on me. 2 layers. 'Scuse me if the eye look doesn't good with the lips; I did my eyes with a different lippie on mind and when I used that lippie, I looked like a freaking hot mess so I used Geranium Shimmer instead and just rolled with my eye look. Haha!

Personally, I'm not liking this lippie on me. It doesn't look...right. I feel like it made me look older and the color doesn't really fit my style. Gotta be honest here- Geranium Shimmer reminds me of an old lady. *cringe* I feel that the shade just makes anyone young look old! HAVING SAID THAT, this shade on mature women looks amazing. I let my 60+ year-old (not gonna tell you the real age. haha!) mom wear this and she looks really good. It brightened her face and it looked 100x better on her than on me. I ended up giving it to her cause I think that lipstick's made for her as it's the perfect balance of red and pink and she loves her red and pink.

So overall, nice shade, nice performance, not that good on young people, looks amazing on mature women. I think doesn't suit darker skintones as well, but hey, if it makes you feel beautiful, then go for it! Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't for you. Also, for you peeps out there who wanna give your momma a lippie, I highly recommend this. Unless your mom's not a fan of red.
Then you find something else. :P


You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Maybe it's too, err safe? But yeah, go crazy while you're young. Quite time seeing this post, it was weird seeing a 60+ lady on the train today wearing a Miley Cyrus crazy neon pink lippie. I kid you not!

    - Ate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT. WHAT. Maybe she just wanted to show off her newly bought MAC Viva Glam x Miley Cyrus products, haha!

      Delete
  2. This looks so pretty on you but I don't think it is a good shade for me!
    But great review, love the layout of your blog!
    xx
    belle-fin.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. I don't think it's the color for me too, but thanks! :3 x

      Delete