EOTD: Keating

by - Monday, March 02, 2015

This look was bound to happen.

I mean, how could I not after that insaaaane finale?! Yes, I'm talking about How to Get Away with Murder. If you don't watch that show, shame on you cause that show is the bomb. It's been three days since that shocking finale and I still can't get over it. Ahh, I need the second season already!!

I was pretty much uninspired last Saturday. As in, no inspirations, no pegs, nada. Until I remembered the 14th episode of HTGAWM and the eye look Annalise always sported: a smokey sandwich eye. You know, where the inner and outer corners of the lid are the same shade, usually a dark one, and the middle is a really bright shade aka a pop. Youtubers and bloggers do it all the time and I think the official term is halo eye (...or not). Anyway, I've seen that eye makeup on her on a lot of episodes so I thought I'd do something like it. So yes, this is an inspired EOTD.

For the inner and outer parts of the lid, I used Darkhorse. I would've used a darker shade like Backdoor but I'm terrified of messing it all up so I opted for something that's easier to work with. As for the pop on the center, I used a combination of Copper Peony and WTF. Used Darkhorse on my lower lashline too, then I used Freestyle to help blend everything on the lid, then a slight dusting of Kinky on my brow bone. You all know I'm not comfortable using falsies but Annalise has full lashes so I decided to use the fullest lashes I have.

Gotta say, I'm quite happy with the outcome. I thought it'll be whack but hey, it ain't so bad. Viola Davis rocks the sandwich eye and hats off to the makeup artist/team who glams her up. I'll probably do more HTGAWM/Annalise K inspired looks in the future as it's really fun and surprising...just like that damn finale.


PS. So who do you think killed RS? My bet's on Wes but something's telling me it might be Laurel. Also, Lila's killer? Totally not the one I had in mind although it made perfect sense. I mean, it was sooo obvious!

Products Used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay shadow in Darkhorse (inner and outer lid; lower lashline)
Too Faced shadow in Copper Peony + Kat Von D WTF (middle lid)
Urban Decay shadow in Freestyle (for blending edges)
Urban Decay shadow in Kinky (brow bone highlight)
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion
Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes
Sasa Falsies in 03 Sexy


You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. so pretty <3 . gonna try this eyeshadow look plus copper is my current fav eyeshadow color :D

    ReplyDelete