Current Face Powder: e.l.f Clarifying Pressed Powder in Honey

by - Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Sorry it took ages to put this up. I've been...distracted.

...by a tv show! I've been watching the Taiwanese drama Fall In Love With Me and it's really preventing me from getting anything done lol. Anyway, I'm taking a break from watching that to put this review on my current face powder.

Thinking back, I think I always used a mineral powder foundation to set my makeup. Every time I did that, I always felt like my face was so overdone and my face ends up 1-2 shades lighter. Damn, it was awful. I think that what made me wear less to zero makeup and what made me purchase this powder.

I've been using the e.l.f Clarifying Pressed Powder in Honey for a while now and I gotta say, it ain't so bad. I got the shade Honey because that was the only shade close to my skintone in the e.l.f booth in Watsons but I think the shade Spice would be better. Anyway, Honey really isn't bad. I'd say it's a half-shade(???) lighter than my skin tone.


The powder feels very fine and it doesn't deposit a lot of product and I like that because that means it's not messy to use and it's buildable. I use a brush with it instead of the powder puff but that's personal preference. I feel like even if you use the puff with it, you won't have a cakey base because as I've said before, it doesn't dispense a lot of product. The pressed powder feels stiff and packed and that prevents you from picking up a lot of powder either on your brush or puff.

I like that it can mattify and set instantly. I like using this on its own all over my face. It makes me look more polished but not overly so. It also feels really smooth on my skin, like my face is naturally clear and unmoisturized. It brightens my face too, and not because it made my face one shade lighter. 

Side by side with my Maybelline mineral foundation. The e.l.f. powder is sheerer and more peach/pink while the Maybelline mineral foundation's more yellow and offers more coverage.

I like using the e.l.f. powder since it's very lightweight. I can literally just swish my brush around the pot, swish it around my face, and done, I'm out the door. However, I tell you upfront that this isn't a long lasting powder. I currently have normal/oily skin combo and it doesn't last on my T-zone. While it mattifies instantly, it doesn't prevent oils at bay. So if you have oily skin, this product isn't for you. But if you're someone like me who's into something lightweight, easy to use, and wallet-friendly, this is worth trying.

Now back to that Taiwanese drama....

You May Also Like

0 comments