Nail of the Week: The Face Shop Wide Nails in PP402

by - Monday, March 30, 2015

 My last hurrah with dark polish before I go all summer mode with my bright and colorful polishes.

Ahh how I missed wearing dark polish! There's just something about them that makes me happy. Anyway, here's my last dark NOTW post...at least for now. I'm determined to wear something colorful or bright on my nails for the month of April so dark polishes have to take a rest for now. Since it's technically Holy Week now, I figured to wear something that reflects this week's mood: gloomy and dark. Oh, this excludes Easter Sunday, naturally.

I chose to wear The Face Shop Wide Nails in PP402, a lovely dark eggplant polish. I am absolutely in love with this. It's such a royal color; I mean, it's my perfect violet. The polish has shimmer in it but it's so fine that it's barely noticeable on the nails. The formula of this polish is a bit on the thick side (definitely not like the NARS formula) but it's still lovely to work with because it goes on really smoothly and it helps that the polish is opaque on one go. But you know me, a second layer is always a must.

One thing that's a bit different is the brush. It's an angled paddle brush. :O My heart fluttered when I first saw the brush because, heh, I love me some angled brushes. I thought it would be a bit difficult to use but I was proved wrong. Apparently, the angled brush helps a lot in application! I can easily maneuver my brush especially in the cuticle area as well as on the sides, However, one downside with this brush is that sometimes the product isn't evenly distributed. Sometimes I think I have adequate polish on but turns out that's just the left side of the brush and the right side has too much! It's weird to explain it out loud so sorry for that! But overall, I think the pros outweigh the cons of the polish so it's all good.

Before I wrap this up, apologies for my rather bumpy nail swatch. The polish went so smoothly so I don't know why it all bubbled up! I didn't shake the bottle so I think it's either one of the top coats I used OR I may have applied a thick second coat. Because I'm too lazy to redo everything, let's just pretend I have textured nails, shall we? :D


You May Also Like

0 comments