No Gripe With This Grip: Vice Cosmetics Endlezz G Aqua Grip Soothing Primer

by - Friday, January 13, 2023

 


New go-to face prep.

For the longest time, the primer I've been using is a silicone-based one. And I know, silicone-based primers aren't everyone's cup of tea. It's great for pore-minimizing but it can get a bit slippery when you apply too much of it and let's be honest, they're not the best in oil-control. And while sure it's a good primer, I feel like I'm ready to branch out and try other ones in the market.


When Vice Cosmetics released their Endless G collection, one product that caught my eye is, yep, you guessed it, the primer. I took it as a sign that it was time to switch things up and that includes makeup prep. So before I knew it, I snagged one for myself to try!

Aqua Grip is a gel-type primer that preps the skin and helps product grip onto the skin, ensuring a smooth and long-lasting base. It is formulated with skin-loving ingredients like: arginine, that helps plump and smoothen the skin; aloe vera leaf extract, that soothes the skin; and niacinamide, that helps treat hyperpigmentation and minimizes the appearance of pores and skin redness.

The Aqua Grip Primer is vegan, and paraben- and cruelty-free, and retails for ₱295.


Aqua Grip has a gel-like appearance and feel, definitely worlds away from a silicone-based primer. It feels like a tackier version of a water-based moisturizer but just as lightweight and hydrating. I've heard that this is a local dupe of the infamous Milk Hydro Grip Primer but I personally can't confirm since I don't have the latter haha! What I can say though is that both are hydrating water-based/gel-type kind of primers and that one is pretty pricey while the other is cheaper and more locally available.

What I like about Aqua Grip is its tackiness. Most of the primers I've tried are either slippery or silicon-y so that "grippy" feel is pretty exciting for me. This primer goes on smoothly on the face and it doesn't feel like it's clogging my pores. Instead, upon application, I can feel that it really smoothens and preps my skin for makeup. I can totally see that my base goes on smoother and that it's easier to blend and even out. With the Aqua Grip, I noticed that my base doesn't lift off or get dragged easily as well. I saw this while applying a liquid blush. Some of my liquid blushes tend to lift off my base but when I use the Aqua Grip as a primer, this doesn't happen as much- totally a good sign of a good primer!


As someone with a combo-skin type that's recently more on the dry side, this primer helps my base stay put for at least 4 hours. After 4 hours, my face starts to oil up in the usual places but nothing a blotting or tissue paper can't fix. I can honestly say that the Aqua Grip makes my base last longer than my silicone primer and yes, I think this just made me ditch ANY silicone primers.

If there's a con to this primer, it's that it can be choosy when it comes to bases. Since this is a water-based primer, it of course works only with water-based bases. Cremes and oilier bases are a no-no with this primer and they tend to get patchy and uneven when paired up. Thankfully, most of the bases I prefer are water-based but just a little caution when you get this primer. 

Overall, this 18ml tube is a definitely a good buy! I like that it's lightweight and hydrating and most importantly, makes my base last longer. I've yet to try the Milk primer but in the meantime, I'll just enjoy its good local dupe, the Aqua Grip.


You May Also Like

0 comments