The Face Shop Seed in Seed Core Seed Purifying Essence

by - Wednesday, June 10, 2015

That's a damn long name for a product, isn't it? :)) I've been using this on and off for a couple of weeks now and here's my report.

I got this during The Face Shop's warehouse sale late last year and I decided to whip this out after I used up my go-to moisturizer, the Celeteque DermoScience Hydration Facial Moisturizer. That shizz is the bomb, you know. However, since I have a small bottle of moisturizer lying around, I figured to use it first before buying another bottle of Celeteque moisturizer.


What It Is
According to The Face Shop, the Seed in Seed Core Seed Purifying Essence

"Essence of seed, seed embryo extracts for clear skin: Fill your skin with 5 clear energies in seed embryo extracts (tone-up, smooth skin texture, moisturizing, pore elasticity, radiance) to make clear skin tone and texture.

The wild soybean, where the seed extract comes from, is known as the most native wild bean, which makes it the most natural ingredient for it is grown in wild without any genetic modifications or recombination.

It also has 10% more of protein than soybeans.  The antioxidant effect is even more amazing, 1 wild bean equals to 28 soybeans.

GMO free, native wild bean embryo essence:Use precious native wild bean seed embryo extracts by natural gathering only in October. Only use ingredients purchased through Fair-Trade.

Non-sticky, highly absorbent texture: moist-full texture quickly absorbed into the skin with fresh finish and make clear skin tone. Also, helps to strengthen the effects of other seed line cream products.

Skin irritation tested completed: formula without 7 additives - paraben, benzophenone, alcohol, trienthanolamine, artificial coloring, animal-sourced ingredients and sulfate)"


What I Think
First things first, I absolutely love the smell. All the products in this line smell the same and it's sooo good. It's a good blend of fresh, perfume-y, and organic. Y'all gotta sniff em lol. 

I found the texture to be like a watered down serum. It's lighter and can be spread easily and it has a very, almost unnoticeable stickiness that disappears after a few minutes. The first time I used it, I wondered why it doesn't set. It sits on top of my face which was a tiny bit disturbing but I found out that's how it works. It sits on top of the skin first then it gets absorbed by the skin slowly. It leaves a little bit of stickiness the first few minutes which I think is great when you apply a primer after it because it kind of locks the primer in place.

I'm having an oily skin at the moment (damn you, sunny weather) and I found out that this moisturizer doesn't pair well with oil. It competes with the oil, making the moisturizer feel really slippery on the skin. On dry areas, it's fine. Whenever I use this at night, I wake up with a half oily, half sticky face that makes me want to wash my face pronto. That said, I think people with dry to extremely dry skin will be happy to use this product. Those with an oily skin type, you might want to skip this.

It does make the skin a bit brighter and it does make the skin feel smoother and even. It's a good skincare product to use if you feel like you are having a dull-complexion-kind-of-day and you want a subtle boost.

Overall, it's a good product. Is it something I'd repurchase? Probably not as I prefer my moisturizer to go well with both dry and oily skin. I'll finish this 32ml bottle in the meantime and enjoy the brightening effect because it's just fantastic.

You May Also Like

0 comments