Nail of the Week: OMG Nail Lacquer in Exactly Red

by - Monday, December 21, 2015

Let's paint the town red.

The season is in full swing so I thought it's time to share a classic polish color that everyone's probably wearing this time of year: red. Red is always associated with Christmas so you can bet that most people will be wearing something red- a dress, a shirt, a pair of shoes, lipstick, and of course, nail polish. Red pretty much goes with every outfit possible so I can't say I blame them for choosing the color.

Several months ago, I saw an OMG stand in my nearby mall. I thought it was quite interesting but I never picked up anything because I still had a handful of new polishes at home. What made me go back and actually pick one up is when I saw my cousin's ex-girlfriend paint my aunt's nails with an OMG polish. I thought the polish was really good and solid, the total opposite of the local polishes I tried before. So I went back, purchased three shades, and now I'll be talking about the red one.

Exactly Red is their standard red shade. It's a common red, one that isn't too light or too dark. Basically, it's their basic creme red. (That's why too much red in three sentences, Shaunne.) I'm fairly positive this isn't a blue-based red because I get a warm undertone from it. That or maybe I'm going blind? :))

Formula-wise, it's on the thin side. Not thin where it's sheer but it's thinner than the formulas I'm used to. It's thinner and a bit runnier than the NARS polishes as the latter are creamier than this. On the first coat, Exactly Red, not gonna lie, looks like a tacky shade of red. But the second coat makes everything better because it makes the color look more solid and richer. The second coat brings out the true red shade of this polish.

I have to mention that this polish gets darker in every coat. I rarely see the transition in other polishes but with this one, it's pretty obvious. Look at the swatches above. You can see that the color on my ring finger is darker than the rest. That's mainly because of a booboo I was trying to fix and in the process, I applied an extra coat and boom! Darker shade. It's not obvious from a distance but it's pretty noticeable up close. So I guess the moral of the story is be extra careful when painting and drying you're nails? :))

You can jazz the polish up a million different ways or even use it for stamping, I think. A 10ml bottle costs 25php, pretty cheap for something that works pretty well. Drying time is average, as well as the longevity. I experience chipping after three days, not bad considering the hits it took within those days!




You May Also Like

0 comments