Free, White, and Sixteen-Fifty

by - Friday, April 01, 2016

My skinny white pencil.

A couple of years back, I got my very first white eyeliner pencil, thanks to my marathon of beauty tutorials on Youtube. Said pencil is NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk. Can you guys still remember the time when NYX Milk was used in very single tutorial? Good times, good times...

While I still love Milk, I decided to get a new white pencil because of one reason: Milk is too big to use as a liner. I don't know about you but I have a small lid space and using Milk as a liner will just take up what little space I have for anything else. Also, Milk isn't just the right product to use for lining the waterline. It's too big and really, getting poked in the eye is inevitable. As a shadow base, Milk does a wonderful job. Anything other than that, it's a pass. And this is why I have this kohl.


MAC Eye Kohl in Fascinating is a matte white pencil. It has the right amount of creaminess as it's something that glides smoothly without tugging but it doesn't really just splatter everywhere. NYX Milk is really soft and creamy while Fascinating has a bit more structure. Between NYX Milk and Fascinating, Milk is easier to smudge all over the lid; Fascinating is better for lining purposes because it could stay on place for a little while longer with minimal smudging.

As it is a kohl, it doesn't set unless you put something on top of it, like a powder eyeshadow or pigment. I pretty much use this as a base for my colored eyeshadows because it makes them pop, perfect if I'm doing a look with a colored liner. Because it has a shape of a typical pencil liner, it gets into the lashline and waterline easily; although, once again, it's a kohl so it doesn't really last long on the waterline. But it's a really nice product to use when you want a doll-eyed look! (Just set it with powder after.)


It's nice to have something like this lying around because you never really know when you'll be needing one. Some people may say no to this because it isn't a retractable type of pencil but personally, I love it more because of the fact that I can sharpen away all the grossness on the tip away before and after every use. Hygiene above anything else, people. Hygiene above anything else.



You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Have you tried the Ever Bilena White Pencil? I saw a post somewhere that the two are virtually identical in colour and finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't yet, gonna swatch it asap! Thanks for the reco! x

    ReplyDelete