Nail of the Week: essence Colour & Go in #33: Just In Case

by - Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Coppery goodness for days.

I'm currently dealing with a backlog of polishes, thanks to my habit of buying new ones and my laziness of actually using them. This year is all about using the ones I got before 2016 so expect polishes that are from old collections. This polish is definitely from an old line but it still looks and works like a charm.

Today I have Just In Case, a polish from the essence's previous line, Colour & Go. JIC is a nice metallic brown, almost copperish in color. If I compare the color to an eyeshadow, it's like a slightly lighter version of Urban Decay's Smog. What I like about it is that it isn't just one block of color; it's a brown, yes, but there's also a gold tinge and shine, and when you least expect it, a sheen of pink that makes this polish pass as rose gold. It's definitely on the warm side but it's a color that doesn't really darken your skin color. And for that, it gets bonus brownie points from me. It may look like something a mature person would wear, like it isn't really age-appropriate but you know what, it's a color anyone could rock. 

As with other polishes in the C&G line, it's smooth and buildable. However, it also has a tendency to thicken up. Because of that, the risk of developing bubbles is high, specially if you apply a thick second coat. It also tends to pool at the cuticles so applying it in thin coats is definitely key. It can also be a bit streaky but a layer of top coat slightly evens the polish out. Drying time is quick when applied in thin coats although infairness to this line, drying time's not too bad even with thick coats. 

I've reviewed several C&G polishes before so just check out the NOTW section of this blog. So far, this is my fave metallic polish from the line. It's like a rockstud color and it's the right polish to wear if you want something that isn't too dark or too light. I mean, it's not a typical summer hue but it's a great year round color, no?

You May Also Like

0 comments