Brow Product Review: Catrice Cosmetics Eye Brow Stylist in 030: Brow-n-eyed Peas

by - Monday, April 04, 2016

Brow(n)s.

Today I'm reviewing something I should've reviewed a long time ago. I've had this product for quite some time now but I guess I didn't use it that much because as much as I love my brows, I'm #TeamBrowPowder all the way. But hey, a little change never hurt nobody, yes?

I purchased this brow pencil because I wanted one that's less on the creamy side and more on the waxy side. It was a bit of a struggle finding a waxy brow pencil in the local beauty market because most brow pencils can double up as an eyeliner (I don't even know why they do this, tbh), which practically means they're really creamy. Thankfully, I saw this when I stopped by Guardian (in Singapore) and it pretty much met most of my criteria.


030 Brow-n-eyed Peas (so punny!) is one of the three shades of the Eye Brow Stylist line and it's the middle shade. I'd say it's a proper neutral brown, although something tells me it has touch of a gray undertone mainly because it seems to be leaning on the cool side. There's definitely no warm tones, that I'm sure of. But for the most part, I personally think it's a neutral brown. It's a nice color match for dark haired peeps because it's dark enough to almost match your hair but light enough that it frames your eyes and face just right.

What I like about it is that it doesn't deposit too much product on each stroke. It's not very creamy so it's not as opaque as an eyeliner but it's also not too waxy that it's a pain in the butt to use. Because of these factors, the product is easy to build up. When you've overfilled, fret not- the product is also easy to blend out. Thankfully, there's a spoolie at the end of the pencil that makes blending a piece of cake.

Bare brow

Filled in with Brow-n-eyed Peas

Normally I put some product on my brows then blend it out with an angled brow brush but for my swatches here in this post, I just used the pencil's spoolie. Spoolie blends out the product faster but an angled brush blend it out more precisely.

I'm not that used with brow pencils so consider me a noob. One thing though: this product is beginner friendly. It's easy to work with, thanks to the formula and the spoolie, and it grooms the brows in a snap. This product is a win for beefing up the lashes, too. For natural but polished brows, I recommend just scattering a few swipes here and there then blend. It's really easy to build this up. Plus, it's easier doing that than overfilling and overdrawing. We want Cara Delevigne brows, not Angry Birds brows.

Though I don't use it on its own, I love using this as a base for powder brow products. It acts as sort of a glue, making the powder product last longer and look more pigmented. Downside is that it doesn't set so even if you've worn it for hours, it'll still transfer on anything, although the product transfer isn't too much. At most it'll fade away so it's better to either have something on top of it or just reapply. Either way, I'm happy with it. :)



You May Also Like

0 comments