Nail of the Week: Bench Paint Box Wonder Woman Fearless Heroine Nail Polish Duo in Red

by - Friday, August 05, 2016


Red glitter power.

Last week, I featured the blue polish in the Paint Box Wonder Woman nail polish duo. It was a creme blue polish that's a really close dupe of an essence gel polish. This week, I'm going to show you the partner of the blue polish that complements the blue really well.

Instead of a creme polish, the other polish in the duo is a gorgeous red glitter polish. Ruby red glitters are suspended/mixed in a clear base so you can pretty much use this on top of any color of polish. The glitters in this polish is a mix of fine, medium, and chunky and the combo adds a lot of texture and variety. As you can see on the swatch photo above, I applied the red glitter polish on top of a black and white base and it just works on either, although I have to say, I prefer the effect on the black polish at it somewhat looks like a gemstone to me. And if you're wondering, the rightmost nail has no base. It's just the glitter polish on its own.

In terms of application, it was surprisingly easy to use. One swipe gives you a decent amount of glitter on the nail layering the glitters didn't cause any problems. If you do like a very opaque coverage of glitter, I recommend using the sponge technique where you apply the polish on a piece of sponge then dab onto the nail. The sponge absorbs excess clear polish while packing the glitters on. This is the best way to apply glitter because it doesn't make your mani thick like you're on your way to polish mountain. Also, I have to be honest, this polish was easier to use than the Face Shop glitters I have. The clear polish in this is more fluid than the Face Shop ones and the glitters transferred better.

I think I'll be able to use this polish with most of my polishes because of how simple yet versatile it is. Since it's just one block of  color, it wouldn't be as limiting compared to colorful glitter polish. Just like its partner, it's 12ml. 12ml of bomb glitter, IMHO. :)


You May Also Like

0 comments