EOTD: A Quicksand Home

by - Monday, August 08, 2016


Greeny goodness.


Hell-O! Back with another EOTD that features a product that's up for review. I always like taking products out for a spin before posting them here but in the meantime, here's an EOTD/preview of what's to come.

The product that's up for review is a single shadow and it's the gorgeous green I'm wearing on my lid. I'm not going to be too detailed because that's what reviews are for but I'll say that this shadow looks very different on the pan and on the eyes. On the pan it just looks like a deep olive/gray shadow but it really pops once you wear it on the lids. I initially planned to use this on a halo eye but after dabbing it on the corners, I figured it looks better as an overall lid color. So after removing the remnants of the failed halo eye, I then proceeded to create a smokey green look because this shadow looks bomb when used as in such look.

After priming my eyes and setting it with UD Freestyle, I then worked on my crease. Doing the crease before the lids makes application so much easier for me and I find that the colors don't muddle that much. I started with Naked then deepened it with Buck. Buck also adds a reddish tint which goes really well with color. When I felt like my crease is okay, I used Smolder and roughly lined my lashline, then  smudged it out all over the lid, carefully avoiding getting any on the crease. I then proceeded to pack GR503, the olive shadow, but now it's more of a vivid green with gold and blue shimmer. I absolutely love how it just popped when I packed it on. On the lower lashline, I applied GR503 alone, to make it lighter as I don't really like having a very dark lower lashline. I blended the edges with Naked to add a light wash of shadow. I also decided to take the plunge and add some dimension by adding Blackout to the outer v. (I also just realized that a dark deep green will also work.) For highlight, I used Venus, one that has yellow shimmer to match it with the gold shimmer of GR503. For brow highlight, I went for a matte with a yellow undertone, Foxy. I applied some falsies because smokey eyes look better with them. Also skipped the liner but feel free to add them on.

I felt like this look needed some weirdness to it, just because. I added something that's really unnoticeable, like a little detail that you won't see when you're not looking closely. If you still haven't found it, you may want to pay more attention to the waterline. ;)

Maaan, I feel like I'm so off with my shadow game, haha! Gotta admit though, I'm more of a liner girl than a shadow girl but I'm getting more into it again. Gotta practice more and do more EOTDs then!


PRODUCTS USED:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay shadow in Freestyle (lid)
Urban Decay shadow in Naked (crease, lower lashline)
Urban Decay shadow in Buck (crease)
MAC Kohl in Smolder (lashline)
The Face Shop shadow in GR503 (lid, lower lashline)
Urban Decay shadow in Blackout (outer v)
Urban Decay shadow in Venus (inner corner)
Urban Decay shadow in Foxy (brow bone highlight)
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara
Bonus: Maybelline Gel Liner in Eggplant Aubergine


You May Also Like

0 comments