Sampling Samples: Clarins UV Plus HP Day Screen High Protection SPF 40

by - Wednesday, July 21, 2021

 


Lightweight cream.

Back with another SPF loaded product! I'm all about skincare with SPF because now that I'm older, I now understand the importance of wearing sunscreen. Although I'm not a big fan of sunscreens with thick consistencies and sometimes a heavy feeling on the skin, I just grin and bear it because I know getting my skin protected from harmful rays is much more important.

Thankfully, there are now sunscreens with thinner consistencies that also feel lightweight on the skin, like the Beaubelle Shield Nude Holistic Solar Defence Fluid and the Belif UV Protector Daily Sunscreen Gel. Now I have another one to add to the list: the Clarins UV Plus HP Day Screen High Protection SPF 40.


The UV Plus HP UV Plus HP Day Screen High Protection SPF 40 is described as having "triple protection against UVA-UVB rays, free radicals, and pollution. It has an ultra-lightweight texture that leaves skin looking smooth, soft, and matte." They also state that it is a 100% mineral screen and that it's allergy & ophthalmologist tested and that it's non-comedogenic. Titanium dioxide is also one of its main ingredients.

The sunscreen has a thin consistency and leaves almost a slight sheen of iridescent tint on the skin. Scent-wise, it has a slightly herbal/planty smell to it. It becomes unnoticeable after a while though.


For a sunscreen with an SPF of 40, it's great that it has such a thin and fluid consistency. I've had sunscreens before that only have SPF30 but has a thick formula that made it feel heavy on the skin. This one just feels like a moisturizer. It blends easily and smoothly and a little bit goes a long way. I really like wearing this one! This sunscreen gets absorbed quite easily by the skin and when it sets, my skin just feels well-moisturized. It doesn't really set matte on my skin, maybe a soft, demi-matte at most. Definitely not a drying, this one.

 The sunscreen also doesn't leave that oil-like feel on surface of the skin which is great because it means that I can easily apply my base afterwards without worrying about it moving or shifting when I blend my base out. Honestly, this sunscreen's such an easy product to use. Definitely worth trying out!

I've seen reviews about this sunscreen giving white cast to deeper skintones and I have to slightly agree on that. This sunscreen slightly stained my skin but thankfully it wasn't that hard to remove. So if you have a deeper skintone and you're worried about it making your skintone look a shade or two lighter, you can always wear your base on top to mask it slightly or completely skip this product and find something that's less staining. Oh, Clarins also has a tinted version of this so maybe try that one too!

Overall, I like this product. It just feels very comfortable on the skin and that's all I'm looking for in a daily sunscreen. I like that it's not sticky and greasy and works quite well with a base on top. Not bad, Clarins, not bad at all!

You May Also Like

0 comments