Block the Sun with Beaubelle Shield Nude Holistic Solar Defence Fluid

by - Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Who's up for some skincare? 

When my sister asked if I wanted the sunscreen she got as a spa freebie, I quickly answered "Yes!". A good moisturizer with high SPF is something I personally need due to me being a lupus patient and all so I'm always game on trying different ones. I admit, it's something I sorta kinda forget to use but I'll try to make it a habit from now on. The current facial moisturizer with SPF I use is the Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour Cream Sun Defense for Face but I sometimes find it too sunblock-y. It can feel hot on the face and I find it a bit heavy. Hopefully this new product is a good replacement.

I've never heard of Beaubelle so I did some research. I found out it's a spa brand; apparently, it's the "No. 1 International Wellness Beauty and Spa Brand". Founded in 1995 by beauty expert Ruby Siah, the brand has chains of spas internationally and an extensive range of products, mostly made and developed in Switzerland, where the brand's Dermocosmetic Research Centre is. If it wasn't obvious already, I'll be talking about their Defence Fluid.


The Shield Nude Holistic Solar Defence Fluid has SPF 30 and EPF (Eye Protection Factor) and this combo provides fantastic protection from UVA and UVB rays. On the moisturizing side of things, this fluid has Vitamin E for softening, Bisabolol that's known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties, and Panthenol that draws in moisture. Wrapping this product up is the infusion of silver fir essential oil that gives this product a soft pine aroma that uplifts the spirit and promotes a sense of well being.

First of all, I absolutely love the fact that this product feels like your usual moisturizer. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin and it certainly doesn't feel hot despite having a high SPF. Consistency's on the thin side so it's expected that it spreads easily. It moisturizes instantly as well, and moisturizes for a good six hours, if not more. So far, I haven't experienced any breakouts and that's a good thing in my book. Plus points for not being sticky too.


They say that this has a matte finish but I have to say that it's far from matte since I experienced shine on areas like the cheeks, forehead, and nose. Because of this, I recommend having a face powder or blotting papers on hand to reduce shine. I haven't used this with liquid foundation so I can't tell you anything about that although it's good with powders and it didn't crease or move my concealer.

Overall, I recommend this product to those who like SPF in theirs and to those with normal to dry skin types. Not sure how much a 50ml bottle is but you can check their spas for info. Now, is this a good replacement for the EA Sun Defence? Hell. Yes.

PS. Oh, and did I mention that they have colored shades of this as well, ala tinted moisturizer? ;)

You May Also Like

0 comments