Nail of the Week: OMG French Manicure Nail Polish in Avant Garde

by - Wednesday, September 29, 2021

A pretty everyday shade.


It's been a while since I last purchased a new bottle of nail polish so when I saw a shade I liked, I immediately got it. It's funny because when I was in my teens and early 20s, I'd gravitate towards dark polishes and now, I'm all about 50 shades of nude haha! I now appreciate the softer look nude polishes give and I quite like how they feel a bit...grown-up? I don't know, there's just something lady-like about nude polishes that I can't get enough of. 

I've featured nude polishes that I really like here in the blog, like NARS Vertebra Right and the Hype Sheer Ballerina. I like wearing these polishes from time to time because they just look clean and they're safe colors and pretty much matches everything. Now, I'm adding another nude polish in my collection: OMG Avant Garde.

Avant Garde is part of OMG's French Manicure collection. The shades in this collection is more on the muted side and they're mostly nudes- pretty much the colors you usually see/use when you get a French manicure. I was actually picking between Avant Garde and Oui but I ultimately when with Avant Garde because it was the darker of the two. I feel like Oui is too light and it won't go well that nicely with my skintone.

Avant Garde is a muted light nude with a pink undertone. It's pretty much a like a cool skintone, no? I actually thought that it's a dupe for Vertebra Right but Avant Garde is lighter in shade and Vertebra Right has a stronger beige tone. Not gonna lie, I feel like Avant Garde is like only 3 shades lighter than my skintone- make it a few shades darker and it'll actually blend with my skintone haha! Avant Garde also has an almost semi-matte finish. (Note: I applied a glossy top coat on my nails in the photos above.) 

Formula-wise, it's a bit thicker than I'm used to but I find that it's still workable, nothing a few rolls every now and then can't fix. It's also a bit streaky, especially on the first coat but it gets better by the second coat. A third coat would be too thick for my liking, though, and will definitely take a longer time to fully dry. Despite its okay formula, I do appreciate that it has an opaque coverage.

 Avant Garde is a shade I can see myself wearing often because it's such a nice everyday shade that isn't too harsh or too neon-y. I also like that it doesn't really highlight my very short nails but rather gives them a more tidy appearance. Upon seeing the shade range of the French Manicure collection, I think I should get some more shades, like Je Taime ( a deeper pink), Couture (a nude with a gray undertone), and Bon Voyage (a muted lilac) because I need more subtle shades like Avant Garde. Not bad, OMG! Not bad at all.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Free from Herpes just in 2 weeks

    The best herbal remedy

    You can contact him …………….

    r.buckler11 {{@gmail}} com,,

    ReplyDelete