Nail of the Week: NARS Nail Lacquer in Vertebra Right

by - Wednesday, May 05, 2021

 



This post is part of Backlog Beauty, a series of beauty reviews I should've published last year or the year before that but I didn't or wasn't able to. Most of the beauty products I'll be reviewing in Backlog Beauty are from previous collections that may or may not be available anymore.

Hello first nail polish feature of 2021! So sorry NOTWs have become sparse throughout the years- nailbiting is the main reason why my natural nails are always in a state of disaster and trust me, they're not pleasant to look at even when I have nail polish on. BUT. This year, I've decided to take care of them more. But how will I be able to post NOTWs? Well...

Let's address the elephant in the room: yes, I'm wearing fake nails! I will finally be putting these fake nails I bought years ago to good use (I even ordered a fresh bottle of nail glue!). I swear, using them for NOTWs is my month's lightbulb moment haha! I get to grow out my real nails while also creating decent NOTW features. Yes!

Featuring my fake nails is our first polish feature of 2021: NARS Nail Lacquer in Vertebra Right. This is part of a nail polish duo from the Pierre Hardy collection released circa 2013 (hence this post being a Backlog Beauty one). I've already featured other NARS x Pierre Hardy Nail Lacquers years ago, namely Sharplines Right and Sharplines Left, and Vertebra is also part of that same collection.

Vertebra Right is a nice beige with a rosy undertone. It definitely leans toward a cooler toned hue of brown, almost skin-toned, which makes it look chic and laid back and really wearable for pretty much anytime of the year. It kinda reminds me of Khloe Kardashian's nails haha! And I can't blame her because this type of color just goes with everything, plus it's flattering but not flat.

Formula is starts out as thin and spreadable but it gets thick the longer I use it so I make sure to roll the bottle in between coats just to make it more fluid and workable. As with most NARS polishes, it dries pretty quickly and 2 coats gives you the right amount of opacity.

This shade is something I would reach for if I want something fuss-free but still looks decent and a bit (just a biiiit) grown up. I also love the pink undertone of this polish because it really complements my skintone well.

And that's pretty much it! Stay tuned for more NOTWs because I still have a few polishes in my stash that I've been dying to share but I can't before but I can now. Ahh so exciting!

You May Also Like

0 comments