High Shine & Hydration: Detail Cosmetics' Jelly Lip Care

by - Wednesday, March 09, 2022

 


The jelly to get.

A few weeks back, I was finally able to finish up my pot of lip balm and that made me so happy because this means one thing: I get to shop for a different one! I've been looking at different lip balms and treatments to try next, including Colourette's Colourbalms, LoveClub Beauty's Butter Balm Lip Therapy, and Squad Cosmetics' Flower Lip Oil. I ultimately went with today's product, one I've been itching to check out. Good timing because it got restocked after weeks of being sold out. Not gonna miss my chance on this one!



This is Detail Cosmetics' Jelly Lips Lip Care, a product formulated with macadamia oil, sunflower oil, shea butter, and vitamin e. These ingredients "effectively hydrates the lips while also coating the lips with a Jelly-fit shine."

The Jelly Lips Lip Care can be used 3 ways:

1. As is for luscious jelly-fit lips;

2. As a nourishing lip treatment; and

3. On top of a lipstick or lip stain.

Packaging-wise, I'm obsessed. I absolutely love the pink theme going through the product, from the box to the bottle. The transparent rectangular tube it comes in feels very sturdy and chic, and the pink cap just ties everything together. I also like the short but jumbo doe foot applicator! So cute!


The product itself is clear with a very faint pink tint, so faint you don't really notice it that much. The Lip Care's texture is similar to a lip gloss but lighter. Some lip glosses tend to be a bit thick but Lip Care's a bit more fluid and less sticky. I can feel the oils in its formula but thankfully, the oils didn't make the Lip Care feel greasy like, say, a petroleum jelly-based lip balm. 

I've been using this product for quite a while now and I gotta say, I think it's my new favorite lip treatment! I love how nourishing it is on my lips and it just makes sure that chapped lips are kept at bay and if I ever do have some dryness, it immediately hydrates my lips no problem.

Another thing I like about the Lip Care is its shine! Its jelly glossy shine looks sooooo good on its own but it's just so bomb when used on top of a lippie. It just elevates the lip look and gives an illusion of fuller plump lips without the fillers! Like on this, for example:


Lastly, I LOVE the Lip Care's scent. It's this sweet fruit candy-like scent that surprisingly doesn't smell too artificial and strong. The Lip Care having a scent just fits well with its whole aesthetic/vibe and I love it. It actually adds to the experience, you know?

I don't know if Detail Cosmetics has plans on restocking this but I suggest they do because Imma riot if they don't! Honestly, this is such a good lip care product and I highly recommend getting/trying it, whether for moisturizing the lips or for that high shine gloss or both! Super happy I snagged this one and hopefully, I get to try the plumping one too (if they even restock it, that is!)

You May Also Like

1 comments