Rouge Play: A Comeback

by - Monday, March 07, 2022


 

Guess who's back!

Welcome back to yet another non-everyday lip look. I love it here. :)

Colourpop's Lux Lipstick in Getty is one beautiful lipstick in terms of color and formula but it's one that I don't bust out for everyday wear because it's very unconventional. It's one I can probably wear at a festival, a concert, or at a themed-party. For everyday though, I tend to stick to my nudes and pinks. 

That said, it's such a waste to just put Getty in the backseat so I thought I'd bust her out today and let her shine! Getty on its own is already bold and attention-grabbing but I wanted to add on a little something else alongside her. Something simple and small that won't steal the spotlight from Getty.


My lippie collection isn't that vast (anymore, at least. I did a little lippie purge a few years back so I'm pretty much left with the usual nudes, browns, pinks, and reds) so in order to add a pop of color, I need to get it somewhere else. In times like this, I tend to reach for...my eyeshadow palettes! Using eyeshadows as lippies/lip toppers is such an old trick in the makeup book but it's one that works wonderfully. All you pretty much need is a base and you eyeshadow of choice. Easy peasy.


When it comes to an eyeshadow base, I tend to go for a stark white one because it helps the eyeshadow to really pop. You can use a white creme or liquid lippie, a really fair foundation or concealer, or my favorite: a white eye pencil. I used my trusty MAC Fascinating Kohl in this look.

 I wanted to add a small detail to today's look so I went with a heart in the middle of the bottom lip. I've always liked heart shape lip looks (ala Alice in Wonderland Red Queen and kabuki lips) so this is my lil homage to that. I went with a metallic plum purple (Urban Decay shadow in Rockstar) just to really make that heart shape pop. So glad I didn't go with the green shadow- she'd eaten up by Getty.

So happy I get to use Getty again. It's probably not the last time you'll see her though! xx

You May Also Like

0 comments