Sampling Samples: Laneige Mini Pore Waterclay Mask

by - Saturday, March 12, 2022

 

For dirt-free pores.

 I don't always use masks but when I do, I usually reach for mud or clay masks. I find that sheet masks tend to limit my mobility (cause, you know, it might fall off even if I move the tiniest muscle) while mud and clay masks don't because they dry off after a few minutes, giving me the freedom to move around while pampering my skin. What can I say, I'm a fussy gal who can't seem to relax. 

While looking at my stash, I decided to try out a Laneige sample, the Mini Pore Waterclay Mask. It's described as a "quick-drying clay gel mask made of mineral mud from the Yellow Sea that absorbs excess sebum and cleans the pores". It's a mask recommended for those with sebum and pore concerns as it is formulated with natural mineral mud and pine extract, ingredients that help with excess sebum, impurities, and pore refinement.


The Waterclay Mask is an ash-colored lotion-like liquid that spreads pretty quickly on the skin. Some people use a brush to apply it but I personally just use my fingers. I like how the mask doesn't feel too sticky or goopy and applying it on my face was pretty fuss-free. It sets after a few minutes, not immediately after you apply it, so you can layer it so much as you want without it peeling off in places.

I used this mask all over my face as well as just on targeted areas like the t-zone and cheek areas, basically places where my pores are prominent. When it sets, it really feels cement-hard on the skin but you can see the areas where you have the most impurities and pores. It can be quite an entertaining (and perhaps alarming) experience, to be honest. After 10 minutes, I rinse it off using a clean washcloth.


I love using this mask on times when my skin just feels super clogged and dirty because this mask does a great job in cleaning up skin impurities. Like, after I rinse it off, my skin feels super clean and ready to absorb my moisturizer and sunblock and whatever skincare I want to put on my face. My skin feels smoother and in a way, brighter and lighter without the feeling of dryness. Don't you just love deep cleansing products?

This sample only has 4ml of product but surprisingly, I got almost 4 full face sessions out of this sample. Is this worth getting in full-size? Absolutely, especially if you want a weekly deep clean of your skin or if you have excess sebum problems. So glad I have another sample because this product is just so good!

You May Also Like

0 comments