Rouge Play: A Lil Paler Than Usual

by - Monday, March 14, 2022


 

A pink moment.

If there's a time when you'll see me rocking a pale lip color, that's today.

As someone who always had pigmented lips, lemme tell you one thing: pale lippies? A no-go....at least for me. For some reason, pale lip colors highlight my pigmented lips more and they don't look even on my lips because some areas are darker and some areas are lighter. Also, some pale lippies don't complement my skintone; some make me look sick and some make me look just weird. So now you know why most of my lippies are more on the stronger, pigmented side.

However, I thought I might do an exception today. I haven't featured a pink lip episode in Rouge Play  so here it is. It's a wearable version, don't worry haha! I wanted a light pink lip that still complements my skintone plus a little something else. Oh, and did I tell you that we're only going to use lip pencils for this look?


My lips were extra dry when I did this look so I first applied a thin layer of Detail's Jelly Lips- Lip Care, let it sit for a few minutes, blotted it, then applied Colourette's Blur Balm.

For the base color, I used the Burberry Lip Definer in Rosewood, a cool pale pink. I lined my lips with it then filled in my lips. After filling my lips, I used my finger to smear it all over my lips so it'll be even all over. Next, I used the Elizabeth Arden Lip Pencil in Plum Rose, a medium pink, to line my lips. I wanted my lip lines to be a bit more defined plus Plum Rose adds a touch of warmth to the whole look. I blended out the lip lines a bit with a lip brush.

For the little something something of this look, I decided to amp up the gloss more by mixing a little bit of loose highlighter pigment with it. The pigment I used was the Ellana Minerals' Loose Pigment in Inspiration, a golden beige highlighter. This added more warmth to this look but not to the point that it made the look orange-y. I concentrated most of the pigment-gloss mixture on the center of my lips.


And that's pretty much it! This is probably the palest I can go so yeah, enjoy. 😛  I really think the adding gloss on top is crucial to this look because not only does it add shine, it also helps hydrate your lips. (And yes, you can totally skip the highlighter part if you're not feeling it.) This look is totally doable with lippies, but I recommend using creme ones and not liquid matte ones as cremes blend more seamlessly than liquid mattes.

 See you on the next look!

You May Also Like

0 comments