#TakeTheTint With Colourette Mini Colourtint in Olive

by - Thursday, April 07, 2022

 


O for Olive.

Hello, I'm back with yet another Mini Tint feature! Last December, I featured 5 Mini Tints and surprise, I have three more I haven't featured yet! Colourette added a few more additions to the Mini Tints and I can't wait to get them soon but until then, let me share the remaining shades I have in my stash.

I'm going to start with the shade Olive, described as a cocoa brown. Against my skintone, Olive has a warmer tone with a slight reddish tint. It's definitely warmer and deeper in tone compared to my go-to tint, Ocean. I'd say Olive has a medium to almost full opacity- like, it doesn't take much for it to show up on the face. What I do like about it is that it is so easy to sheer it out or build it up, just like the other shades.


On the lips, Olive is a nice pop of color. It's bold but still remains quite muted, if that makes sense? Sometimes I feel like Ocean's a bit too light and peachy on my lips so I go for Olive if I want a more bold and brown look.


On the eyes, Olive is a nice base for an everyday eye. I think Olive plus a nice satin or shimmery shadow on top would make an easy daytime look. Also, Olive would also make a great liner color. I used my fingers to blend Olive out on my lids. I find that it's better to blend out the Tints first with my fingers then blend out the edges even more with a blending brush.


I think I like Olive most on my cheeks. I'm into browns and orangey/peachy hues on my cheeks and Olive is a shade I'd reach for for that pop of color. Again, such an easy color to work with! On my cheeks, I used a damp blender to sheer out Olive here but if I'm in a hurry, I just use my fingers instead and it still turns out great!


Ocean and Olive are now my go-to everyday products, especially on the lips and cheeks. They're so easy to work with plus their shades are totally up my alley. If Ocean gives me that fresh peachy look, Olive gives me that nice rich rust color. LOVE!

One down, two to go!


You May Also Like

0 comments