Rouge Play: Au

by - Monday, April 04, 2022


 

That Element 79 drip.

I achieved today's look with just one product that isn't even a lip product.

I've always had the Kryolan Supracolor Metallic in Gold just sitting in my stash so I thought I'd bust it out and use it. It's such a vibrant cool gold that'll make anything pop and stand out. I've always wanted to incorporate it in a Rouge Play look but its formula makes it pretty challenging to work with. I wanted to use this for detail work but for some reason, I find it difficult to layer it and make it even and opaque. You have no idea how many potential Rouge Play looks I had to scrap all because little miss Supracolor over here refuses to play nice. Ugh!

To be fair, Supracolor is meant to be use as a face paint which means it works best when it's used on large areas. So I thought, well, I might as well use this on its own! Might as well have a gold lip look for Rouge Play!

As I was doing this lip, all I had in mind, all I thought of, all I channeled was one character: Guardians of the Galaxy's Ayesha. For some reason, she was the first person that came into my mind because how could I ever forget someone who was head-to-toe gold?? So today's look is pretty much inspired by her. 


As usual, I prepped my lips with the Blur Balm.

I used a lip brush to apply the gold Supracolor on my lips. Yes, no lip pencil or any base- just the Supracolor. It didn't take long to cover my lips with this product but I did two coats of it for good measure. Still using my brush, I drew cat eyes on the corners of my lips, and this is just me adding a bit more interest to the look. And well, that's pretty much it!

Stay golden! 

You May Also Like

0 comments