The Diamond of the Season: Colourette Cosmetics Shimmertint in Yellow Diamond

by - Wednesday, April 27, 2022

 

Bright and golden.


I gotta admit- this review is long overdue. I have been testing and enjoying this product for a good few months now so I think it's about time to feature it here in Shash Stash.

So I got Colourette's Shimmertint in Yellow Diamond on a whim back in . It was on sale, I've always wanted to try it, so I added it to my cart and checked it out.

Colourette's Shimmertints are described as "intensely pigmented yet weightless long-wearing, multi-use liquid highlighters that melt into skin for an instant luminosity." They come in 4 shades but I ultimately went with Yellow Diamond, a soft golden pearl shade. I always go for cool toned highlighters most of the time so I thought I'd try something warmer than usual. The Shimmertint is also vanilla/vanilla birthday cake scented, something I absolutely love!


First of all, can we just quickly talk about its packaging? I really appreciate its minimal yet chic bottle. The bottle feels quite sturdy and really showcases the Shimmertint since it's transparent. I also like that the bottle, though it's stout, is still makeup purse friendly. I hate when products are bulky, you know? I've been able to bring this Shimmertint with me in small bags with ease because they don't really take up much space. The only thing I'm looking out for is the screw top lid. I always make sure not to screw it too tightly since I've seen Shimmertints with cracked lids because they were screwed too tightly. Other than that, packaging's great!


Lastly, can we give a round of applause for the Shimmertint's huge ass doe foot applicator?? Honestly, it's like the cutest yet intimidating applicator I've ever since and I freaking love it!


Yellow Diamond has a slightly thick, whipped-like consistency that was surprisingly very easy to blend. I thought its formula would be a hard one to deal with but all I had to do was use my fingers and voila, highlighter in place! Let me tell you a secret: I find that this Shimmertint is so much easier to work with than a powder highlighter! Like, for real!! A little goes a long way with Yellow Diamond since it's pigmented but I find that I can still layer it and still have a soft focus blinding highlight that's just dreamy and shiny. Plus, when it blends, it really blends into the skin. I find that some liquid highlighters just sit on top of the skin but this Shimmertint diffuses and kind of sets so it becomes one with your base or skin. It's just so beautiful!

Colourette says that the Shimmertints can be used three ways: on its own, blended with a foundation or base, and dabbed on top of makeup. I personally use it as a highlighter and sometimes as a "lip spotlight" and can I just say, I've been using Yellow Diamond for a while now and somehow I feel like I still haven't made a dent on it?? Like, obviously I don't use it everyday but I still have so much product left in the bottle haha! Love me an economical shimmer!


Here I'm wearing Yellow Diamond on my fave highlight spots: cheekbones, brow bones, inner corners of my eyes, tip of the nose, and my cupid's bow.


I also used it on a Rouge Play look as a lip spotlight!


In case you're wondering, yes, this is your sign to buy your own Shimmertint! Yellow Diamond is kind of my intro to the Shimmertints and I am just so in love with it. Honestly, this product is so easy to use and work with that even makeup beginners can enjoy this. I absolutely love Yellow Diamond and I'm so glad I felt impulsive that day I bought it haha! And now that I'm obsessed with it, I think it's time to also try out (read: GET) the other shades. (I got my eye on you, Crystal Prism!)

You May Also Like

0 comments