Rouge Play: Caramel Apple

by - Monday, April 25, 2022

 

Nude with a pop.

Among my Rouge Play looks, I still think that my Feeding Time look is my most favorite. Creating that look and creating the story behind the look just flowed naturally and it just felt good to create something out of the box again.

The Feeding Time look is not an everyday one you can wear so I wanted to create a similar look that's more wearable and toned down. I also wanted an excuse to do an ombre lip with a dark red again so here we go!


Before everything, I prepped my lips with Colourette's Blur Balm.

 I initially wanted to go with a creme lipstick but changed it last minute because it wasn't flesh-toned enough. I ended up using a matte liquid lippie, Detail Cosmetics' Loth, as my base. After applying an even layer of Loth, I went ahead with deepening the inner areas of my lips. I used another Colourtint with this look: Coco, a maroon red. Just as always, I used a lip brush to apply Coco on the center of my lips then used a flat eyeshadow brush to blend out the edges. I reapplied some more Coco on the center just for more intensity and that's pretty much the ombre!

Lastly, I applied a little bit of shimmer, just to lessen the harshness of the matte products I used. On the cupid's bow and lower central edge of my lips, I applied the Colourette's Shimmertint in Yellow Diamond. I feel like the addition of a highlighter adds more interest to the look as well as softens the overall matte finish. I'd usually add in gloss but that would kind of ruin the whole point of a matte lip haha!

And that's it, a more everyday-friendly ombre lip. I'd totally recreate it with a creme lippie but it has to be the right nude tone for it to work. I freaking love using deep reds for an ombre lip because they just add a whole lotta dimension, drama, and vampire vibes on a lip look and hey, I totally want those on a daily basis. Just yet another reason why I have to add more reds in my collection!


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Free from Herpes just in 2 weeks

    The best herbal remedy

    You can contact him

    r.buckler11 {{@gmail}} com,, .................

    ReplyDelete